Help with white screen issue
Looks like you're running OS X inside a virtual machine without hardware accelerated OpenGL. It's quite likely that the OpenGL context creation fails as a result of this (we don't log this currently).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

d4rk Wrote:Looks like you're running OS X inside a virtual machine without hardware accelerated OpenGL. It's quite likely that the OpenGL context creation fails as a result of this (we don't log this currently).

No I'm just using VNC. Up to today it has always worked. It is white whether I VNC to the box or straight from that box.
You installation still doesn't have a proper display driver, since OpenGL hardware acceleration is absent.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

d4rk Wrote:You installation still doesn't have a proper display driver, since OpenGL hardware acceleration is absent.

I see where it says quartz extreme is not supported, but it does say quartzGL is working fine. Sad

Doesn't seem to matter right now lol. looks like I blew out the install mucking with the damn kexts. I really really really do not like OS X a whole lot. Even worse now.
won't even boot with -x cry. damn damn damn, the OS doesn't bother me so much as the damn port installs do. THEY TAKE FOREVER

Cripes.
Days and days of pulling out my hair and I finally got my old Hackintosh to work PROPERLY. Holy bajeseees it was a pain. XBMC was puking on the fact that OpenGL was not working properly and OpenGL was not working properly because it didn't understand the new [well for this machine] HD 2400 Pro I stuck in there. Re-installs didn't help. mucking with kext's didn't really help, and out of despiration I finally said I was not going to sleep until I made this happen. Well thankfully I didn't have to stay awake too long Smile

I present you with Chiana, My Fully Operational Battlestation. AKA Xbmc Compile machine since to be honest, that is about all I do with that box.

I'm one happy camper now that I can actually verify nightly builds again WOO WOO.Big Grin
Hey questor,

Can you tell me what you did exactly to get it working? I have the same problem:

ERROR: Error making context current

Thanx in advance.

Dogk1cker
dogk1cker Wrote:Hey questor,

Can you tell me what you did exactly to get it working? I have the same problem:

ERROR: Error making context current

Thanx in advance.

Dogk1cker

you have to make sure that your video drivers [kext] support quartz+

but i never have seen "that" error so it may or may not be the same issue.
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with white screen issue0