A (Very Unofficial) Aeon FAQ
Still like to know where to place all the fanart... (A)
cloverfield Wrote:Still like to know where to place all the fanart... (A)

Cloverfield, this is described in this thread, which is also linked in Section 2.1 of the FAQ. Basically, fanart for individual movies should go in the same folder as your movie and should be named "fanart.jpg". Backdrops for the home screen can be stored anywhere, and you must configure the Aeon settings (under Settings -> Customize -> Backdrops) to point to the location where your backdrops are stored.
may i make a request for a dummies manual to get around the menu cause there are just certain menu options i cannot find that were easily accessable with mayhem3??

kind of feel stupid using this aeon even though its cool
Where are the minimum requirements? looked on aeonproject.com but nothing there either.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
I cannot figure out how to get xbmc to shutdown or exit back to ubuntu while using the aeon skin, anyone got screen shots on how that works?
MemphisHart Wrote:I cannot figure out how to get xbmc to shutdown or exit back to ubuntu while using the aeon skin, anyone got screen shots on how that works?

press the 's' key on your keyboard.
MemphisHart Wrote:I cannot figure out how to get xbmc to shutdown or exit back to ubuntu while using the aeon skin, anyone got screen shots on how that works?

Or go to the settings and toggle the shutdown button on the main menu. Then you can shutdown from the home screen (Only really a better option if you don't have an 's' key)
redtapemedia Wrote:press the 's' key on your keyboard.

when I press 's', I see

- shutdown
- restart

I don't see any option that would just be to exit and leave the machine on.

Only way I've found is to hit / (or is it \) so it exits full screen and then I kill the XBMC window. Please tell me there is a more logical way.
(This is a re-post from another Aeon thread after I realised I posted in the wrong place!)

I have been trying to get in contact with djh_ about the state of the Aeon STARK skin but have had no luck. I noticed that the last update to git was over a year ago now.

I wouldn't mind resurrecting this skin in it's pure form as it's my absolute favourite. I know there are a lot of spin-offs but I like the original style better (no offense to all those modders!). Is anyone else keen on further developing this skin?

I have started doing some bug fixes of my own but would rather not reinvent the wheel. What derivatives currently exist? Maybe we could combine our efforts into one project?
@zim2dive

"Shutdown" will exit XBMC. "Shutdown" behavior is an option in XBMC Settings, it can either shutdown the machine or exit XBMC.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=System_Settings
I know this is a common question but i searched and searched and couldnt find the answer.

i realize that djh has other things on and has slowed down development, im just wondering whether he still plans on releasing auriga?

Thankyou.

+Edit
DOUBLE POST--=
Posted again in mq3 thread as it was more specific-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A (Very Unofficial) Aeon FAQ3