Can't figure it out
Hey guys, I am never one to give up on tech stuff but there is something that I am missing when it comes to my Aeon install. It is one of the most impressive pieces of software/skin I have ever come across and CANNOT wait to get it all set up.

Short story: I run a business and unfortunately my time is money so I can't waste more time trying to get this setup correctly (i've read every FAQ and literally tinkered for hours). I'm sure it is something silly but I just can't figure them out...

My situation:

1. I have the latest xbmc and Aeon Stark + Amiga files
2. I can run Aeon Stark and Amiga fine (they play my movies)
3. I have all my dvd's backed up (around 400) in Video_TS format
4. Some movies have backdrops/thumbnail pictures and some don't and i have no idea why
5. I can never get Multiplex option (doesn't show up as an option under layouts) when im using Amiga
6. Can't seem to turn off subtitles during some movies (in the old XBMC skin I could just go to the audio prefs while playing the movies and disable the subtitles but I can't seem to find it in Aeon).
7. Can't for the life of me figure out how to stop a movie without fully quitting Aeon.
8. My main thing is that I think Aeon is positively gorgeous and my setup looks nothing like the pictures (i know I need to add correct meta data, backdrops, etc) but I just don't even know where to begin or what the most efficient way would be

Thanks for any help and if any wonderful generous soul would want to give me a ring on the phone and walk me through all this I would be greatly appreciated and would love to offer some money for your time!
>4. Some movies have backdrops/thumbnail pictures and some don't and i >have no idea why

First use MIP http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47071 to get all the info right and complete as possible for all your movies.

>5. I can never get Multiplex option (doesn't show up as an option under >layouts) when im using Amiga

Download AURIGA again here: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48197

>6. Can't seem to turn off subtitles during some movies (in the old XBMC skin >I could just go to the audio prefs while playing the movies and disable the >subtitles but I can't seem to find it in Aeon).

It's there under audio options.

>7. Can't for the life of me figure out how to stop a movie without fully >quitting Aeon.

X on keyboard.

>8. My main thing is that I think Aeon is positively gorgeous and my setup >looks nothing like the pictures (i know I need to add correct meta data, >backdrops, etc) but I just don't even know where to begin or what the >most efficient way would be

MIP http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47071 really this is the key to success for you now.

>Thanks for any help and if any wonderful generous soul would want to give >me a ring on the phone and walk me through all this I would be greatly >appreciated and would love to offer some money for your time!

How about those wonderful generous souls who all make this program. donate your money here http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/ and here http://pledgie.com/campaigns/4022
What you running? PC/XBOX/Apple

4. If the folder has a fanart.jpg, thats whats it uses to display fanart....setup backdrops under Customize>Backdrops

5. Make sure you have lastest release...press up when in TV/Movies to bring up options to select correct view

7. If using computer....http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keyboard_and_Mouse

8. Are you using Media Companion or Media info Plus....thats where you get all the data to use Library mode, that's what makes things look really nice.
first off, thank you both for replying. Very much appreciated. Secondly, I am happy to say after using Aeon for all of 5min when i first downloaded it I went immediately and donated money to the project. Absolutely deserved it.

Deleted all of my Aeon skins, downloaded Auriga and bam, Multiplex was an option. So, thanks on that part! One down. =)

1. I am using Win7 64 bit.

2. using MIP...really clean, impressive program, thanks! Two questions: does it download the little metafile icons (DTS, Dolby, etc) for the movies or is that something that I have to manually get? As of now in the multiplex view just the blank/stock images are showing up for the movies. Secondly, MIP seems to run very slow on my fast system. I select the movie and then it takes a good 3-5min to pull down all the info. Obviously it's pulling down a lot of big pictures sometimes but I just wanted to make sure that was normal.

hmm...i think that's it for now, fixed a lot of problems with your help!!
weird problem: I changed my movies location on my computer and want to update that in xbmc but I can't seem to be able to add/delete sources under the video tab. I bring up the context menu and it's gone.

I can add source in music and all the other tabs but it seems that now that I have set it in videos I can't change it.

any ideas? I have tried to change it from non-Aeon skins as well.
dreborn Wrote:weird problem: I changed my movies location on my computer and want to update that in xbmc but I can't seem to be able to add/delete sources under the video tab. I bring up the context menu and it's gone.

You can use a workaround instead of deleting/adding sources. Go to XBMC>userdata>sources.xml...From there you can just change the path to where you moved the folder.

So instead of:

<source>
<name>
Movies
</name>
<path>
E:\Media\Movies\
</path>

Change to:

<source>
<name>
Movies
</name>
<path>
G:\Bobs Stuff\Folder\New Folder\Movies\
</path>

I just switched from Media companion to MIP...the first pass through a set of folders took a while but after it set itself up, the next time using it MIP picked up 3 seasons of Lost and it took 4 seconds.
looked at the wiki and tried to follow your directions but something is still a bit wonky.

so right now, on my home screen, I have a "Movies" option and a "Videos" section. The movies section has the cool Multiplex view but all the movie data is incorrect and i can't seem to change the source. The videos section has pretty much the correct data but i can't get the multiplex option.

im sure it's simple, just can't figure it out. thanks!
any idea why some movies will show up in my Videos section but not my Movies section when I only have one source paths set?

also why some movies that are in:

<Movie Name as Folder>\Movie.avi

do not show up in Movies section? they seem to show up in Videos section.

Oddly, some movies that look perfect in multiplex Movies section, don't even have a thumbnail in Videos section...

any ideas?

thanks!
dreborn Wrote:any idea why some movies will show up in my Videos section but not my Movies section when I only have one source paths set?

also why some movies that are in:

<Movie Name as Folder>\Movie.avi

do not show up in Movies section? they seem to show up in Videos section.

Oddly, some movies that look perfect in multiplex Movies section, don't even have a thumbnail in Videos section...

any ideas?

thanks!

anybody? kind of has me stumped...
I never click on videos so I dont know how that is setup or supposed to look and act...

All my movies are .avi's, you said you had Videos_TS, I don't know the proper naming convention for those get picked up by scrappers.

Sounds like you're having scrapping issues, make sure to read how to name/organize your movies so they get picked up by MIP...I think Media Companion is simpler to use, though as far as I know it doesn't support Flags yet...

I have mine setup like this, and use IMDB as my scrapper:
Movies/Bruce Almighty (2003)/Bruce Almighty.avi

Never have any problems with them getting picked up.
hmm...interesting, cause that's how mine are setup.

don't know why XMBC/Aeon are having issues not reading them.

Like I have:

Movies/Batman Beings/Batman Begins.avi

and it just does not show up in the movie list.

then i have another one:

Movies/300/300.avi

and it shows up perfectly. The folders are exactly the same.

no idea...
As embarrassing as it is, I also cannot for the life of me get the multiplex view to show up as an option.

I am using the bleeding edge version of ikon's build and Auriga from github. I'm on Vista 32-bit.

My only view options are still List, Wall, Panel and Showcase. I'm assuming multiplex is supposed to show up in place of or with one of those.

I've tried wiping xbmc completely and installing fresh, but that still doesn't fix it. What could I be doing wrong?

EDIT: Tried the stable release Babylon instead of ikon's build and still didn't work. The mystery of multiplex still evades me.
rausch101 Wrote:As embarrassing as it is, I also cannot for the life of me get the multiplex view to show up as an option.

I am using the bleeding edge version of ikon's build and Auriga from github. I'm on Vista 32-bit.

My only view options are still List, Wall, Panel and Showcase. I'm assuming multiplex is supposed to show up in place of or with one of those.

I've tried wiping xbmc completely and installing fresh, but that still doesn't fix it. What could I be doing wrong?

It doesn't sound like your Auriga files are in the right folder.... Program Files\XBMC\Skins\Aeon Auriga (or whatever you called it) and within there should be the files and folders you downloaded. Then (using the that naming convention) you should have a skin to select called Aeon Auriga.

-stoli-
Thanks for the reply stoli. That didn't turn out to be the problem, but I did figure it out.

I had accidentally renamed stark to auriga at some point and kept incorrectly renaming it. Ugh. Multiplex looks great.
Drebon, consider the movives section the reporotory for your sources (I think they should rename it personally)

Then your movies is the library for movies, tv shows library for tv etc.

The reason some of your movies show in videos but not movies is that they have not scraped correctly. Is the ts folder named properly with the name of the movie followed by the date it was released?

Do this and 9 times out of 10 it will be picked up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't figure it out0