Looking for a easy way for Media Flagging. (one more thread)
Theres soooo many program for manage movies and tv-show.

Im looking for something easy, that ONLY helps me for my Media Flagging.

All others like title, runtime, actors, plot, I want XBMC handle it self.

As it is now, I got scene .nfo's for almost all my movies.
The movies are follows this structur: MOVIES/movie1/movie1.mkv

Most often the dir will tell if its 720p or DTS and stuff like that. Some moviefiles have really strange file names and dont say anything at all about the media flagging.

I wonder the following.

1. Is it now possible to add info in a file called "movie.nfo" instead of "the.specific.movie.name.nfo"? If, I can keep all my scene .nfo's like they are.

2. Is there any chance that Aeon will manage to get the info also from the directory, not only the file name? Info like h264, DTS and 720p.

3. If I want to use custom .nfo for this info, will the .nfo HAVE TO contain the title, or is it possible that XBMC can match an already scraped movie, with some "extra" info in a .nfo, without the file contains a "title"

?

I hope someone can helpt me and answer this questions.

EDIT:
4. Will XBMC in the future get info about studio from tmdb?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
Quote:2. Is there any chance that Aeon will manage to get the info also from the directory, not only the file name? Info like h264, DTS and 720p.

You can make this change easily in the Includes_MediaFlags.xml file by finding the "studio" and replacing with "filename"

--FF
soder Wrote:1. Is it now possible to add info in a file called "movie.nfo" instead of "the.specific.movie.name.nfo"? If, I can keep all my scene .nfo's like they are.

yes .. this is 100% possible .. its how i do it now .. however i use MIP in conjunction

what i do is is
-place the mkv/avi file with the scene nfo inside the dir
-download the poster i want (off getvideoartwork.com) and name it movie.tbn
-download the fanart i want (off themoviedb.org) and name it fanart.jpg
-load up MIP and let it process the new movie (this will generate a nfo with the correct flag info in the studio tag) .. i have set MIP to create a movie.nfo file
-since MIP renames the scene nfo i rename it back to the proper name
-i edit the MIP generated movie.nfo to take out data i don't want to store (like rating and votes) however i let it store constant data like runtime and such since that won't change on scans but rating and vote count might .. i also edit the movie name in the nfo in case i need to (like for example i like to appened 007 in front of all the bond movies) .. furthermore, and this is the key, i place a url to the movies imdb.com page at the very end of the file
-scrape movie

i have found that with these mixed XML nfo files i get the greatest control of my movie db .. it lets me assign specifc values (such as name) without having to edit the db later but also gives me the access to update info upon future rescans
If you think getting all your media flags working on Aeon in Windows is hard with its myriad f programs for doing the job you should try it on OS X. There isn't a single program out there for scraping the info and adding the necessary tags to your .nfo files automatically.

Edit by hand baby!
i primarily run osx .. however i have a windows machine setup also on which i use MIP for what i descriped above
FernFerret Wrote:You can make this change easily in the Includes_MediaFlags.xml file by finding the "studio" and replacing with "filename"

--FF

? Isnt "studio" to find the info in the .nfo, and "filename" for just the filename?

I asked for also look in the folder name the movie file is in?

/Söder
Advocate Wrote:If you think getting all your media flags working on Aeon in Windows is hard with its myriad f programs for doing the job you should try it on OS X. There isn't a single program out there for scraping the info and adding the necessary tags to your .nfo files automatically.

Edit by hand baby!

Nobody forced you to buy a crappy Mac. =)

Sorry, just had to. =)

/Söder
pletopia Wrote:yes .. this is 100% possible .. its how i do it now .. however i use MIP in conjunction

what i do is is
-place the mkv/avi file with the scene nfo inside the dir
-download the poster i want (off getvideoartwork.com) and name it movie.tbn
-download the fanart i want (off themoviedb.org) and name it fanart.jpg
-load up MIP and let it process the new movie (this will generate a nfo with the correct flag info in the studio tag) .. i have set MIP to create a movie.nfo file
-since MIP renames the scene nfo i rename it back to the proper name
-i edit the MIP generated movie.nfo to take out data i don't want to store (like rating and votes) however i let it store constant data like runtime and such since that won't change on scans but rating and vote count might .. i also edit the movie name in the nfo in case i need to (like for example i like to appened 007 in front of all the bond movies) .. furthermore, and this is the key, i place a url to the movies imdb.com page at the very end of the file
-scrape movie

i have found that with these mixed XML nfo files i get the greatest control of my movie db .. it lets me assign specifc values (such as name) without having to edit the db later but also gives me the access to update info upon future rescans

Well, I already have about 170 movies just rescaned. I would like to just add this extra things. I like the idea of just movie.nfo, but this is what I dont like for now.

1. XBMC dont export to movie.nfo but to the same name as the movie filer. That will overwrite the scene.nfo

2. I don't like the idea of fix every new movie I get in some program and so on...

=/

Maybe I shall do this any way....hmm.
Thanks.

/Söder
I know it will sound really stupid... but what is a scene.nfo and what / where is it used for?
MaxNL Wrote:I know it will sound really stupid... but what is a scene.nfo and what / where is it used for?

The Scene is the name of the "competition" that gives people movies and "warez" on the internet.

Movies you download from internet have a .nfo with some info about the group that did the upload, and some short info about the quality.

/Söder
okay .. basically i gave you a system that works .. if you want a quick fix to get flags working with your setup there is none

and trust me .. i had a bunch of movies that i didn't want to redo to get to work but i did .. basically the point is AT THIS POINT if you want aeon to work completely it takes elbow grease .. in the future (an hopefully soonish rather then later now that babylon is final and feature freeze is not in effect) it will not require so much extra effort to get to work properly
soder Wrote:The Scene is the name of the "competition" that gives people movies and "warez" on the internet.

Movies you download from internet have a .nfo with some info about the group that did the upload, and some short info about the quality.

/Söder

Ops... I made clear that I don't know much about "the scene" and downloading Rolleyes
pletopia Wrote:okay .. basically i gave you a system that works .. if you want a quick fix to get flags working with your setup there is none

and trust me .. i had a bunch of movies that i didn't want to redo to get to work but i did .. basically the point is AT THIS POINT if you want aeon to work completely it takes elbow grease .. in the future (an hopefully soonish rather then later now that babylon is final and feature freeze is not in effect) it will not require so much extra effort to get to work properly

Completely agree. It takes time to get flagging working perfectly at first, if you dont have the time or patience then wait for xbmc to natively support it.

cheers
Just take a Sunday afternoon and organize your media. It will pay off. Heck I have 2000+ movies and have gone through each one a few times. My media has been through a lot of media organizing programs and ways of doing things. I've redone my collection 3 times. Know what after all that? Still didn't take that much time.
Soder, I basically had the same setup as yours, but after having A LOT of problems (due to Aeon being unable to read from dirname) getting the flags showing i properly, I accepted the fact reorganizing was needed.
... it wasn't all that hard though:

Switch your filename to your dirname and rename the dir to "Movie Name (YEAR)".

MIP can now scrape almost every movie and Aeon now reads the source (only thing not read by MIP) from the filename!
Then just replace "sddvd" in your Includes_MediaFlags.xml with "dvdrip" and most flags will show (don't forget the flag workaround).

This prevents you from losing the "scene" tag, as the source is ALWAYS in the release name (which would now be your filename) Wink

Pletopia, there's an option in MIP that "Do not move or rename invalid .nfo files".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for a easy way for Media Flagging. (one more thread)0