Odd behavior (black screen, no ENTER key) on TV off/on
I apologize if this question has been answered in another forum post, but my Google and Forum Search skills failed me in attempting to find it.

I have XBMC 9.04 installed on a Dell Studio Hybrid with Vista Ultimate, hooked up to an LG HDTV via HDMI.

If you turn the TV off while XBMC is open, then turn the TV back on again, XBMC will show nothing but a black screen. Switching away focus (alt+tab or Window key, etc.) away from and back to XBMC fixes that problem, but a new one arises. The first time you hit the "Enter" key (such as when selecting a menu option), XBMC flickers once and then refuses to accept the "Enter" key. One must use a mouse click for the same functionality.

All other apps and the OS wake up from the monitor powering off and on fine, and all other apps accept keyboard and mouse input normally. The problem seems to only occur for XBMC. The problem persists regardless of different mice/keyboard combos (wired or wireless).

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.
Almost a similar problem when getting it to sleep and back again. You probably got a Nvidia card do you?
The only workaround I could find is to set eventghost to quit XBMC when going to sleep and start it up when turning back on.

M.

tylersticka Wrote:I apologize if this question has been answered in another forum post, but my Google and Forum Search skills failed me in attempting to find it.

I have XBMC 9.04 installed on a Dell Studio Hybrid with Vista Ultimate, hooked up to an LG HDTV via HDMI.

If you turn the TV off while XBMC is open, then turn the TV back on again, XBMC will show nothing but a black screen. Switching away focus (alt+tab or Window key, etc.) away from and back to XBMC fixes that problem, but a new one arises. The first time you hit the "Enter" key (such as when selecting a menu option), XBMC flickers once and then refuses to accept the "Enter" key. One must use a mouse click for the same functionality.

All other apps and the OS wake up from the monitor powering off and on fine, and all other apps accept keyboard and mouse input normally. The problem seems to only occur for XBMC. The problem persists regardless of different mice/keyboard combos (wired or wireless).

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.
No Nvidia card, the Studio Hybrid uses on-board video.

Is there some hook in eventghost to detect the monitor turning off and on?

mcage Wrote:Almost a similar problem when getting it to sleep and back again. You probably got a Nvidia card do you?
The only workaround I could find is to set eventghost to quit XBMC when going to sleep and start it up when turning back on.

M.
I think I have a similar problem with starting XBMC when the TV is off. I can hear MCE start, and then when I switch to XBMC nothing happens. No button clicks etc.

It's only in this situation that I get no picture when I turn on the TV after the PC has been woken. All other times it's fine. I'm going to turn on debugging and see what XBMC logs, but I'm fairly certain it's an XBMC issue.

Byron

BTW: ATI HD4670 in use
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
XBMP/XBMC user since 2002!
byronl Wrote:I think I have a similar problem with starting XBMC when the TV is off. I can hear MCE start, and then when I switch to XBMC nothing happens. No button clicks etc.

It's only in this situation that I get no picture when I turn on the TV after the PC has been woken. All other times it's fine. I'm going to turn on debugging and see what XBMC logs, but I'm fairly certain it's an XBMC issue.

Byron

BTW: ATI HD4670 in use

That sounds nearly identical to what I'm experiencing. Looking forward to any results you find as a result of logging.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odd behavior (black screen, no ENTER key) on TV off/on0