How do I remove my drive names from the video list?
On my xbox, I have xbmc set up to only pull from my NAS, but on the new mac version, i have a listing of all of my local drives

how can I delete them? I tried to remove them in sources.xml but they werent listed, and i can't find a menu item about it anywhere
I guess I'll just stick with atlantis since this is a REALLY annoying "feature" that I can't find how to disable
tymanda Wrote:I guess I'll just stick with atlantis since this is a REALLY annoying "feature" that I can't find how to disable

screen dumps or a listing of what you see would be helpful as my crystal ball is broke right now.
When I go to videos, music, or pictures, I see a listing of my local drives (like /Volume/Macintosh HD, except it's just listed as Macintosh HD). Since all my media is on a NAS and not my local drives, I don't want my local drives to show up, but there seems to be no way of removing them. When I right click there is no remove option (I can add it again, and set content, or add to favorites, but not remove)

They're also not listed in sources.xml (but there was a ton of other stuff in there that I did delete, like iTunes)
tymanda Wrote:When I go to videos, music, or pictures, I see a listing of my local drives (like /Volume/Macintosh HD, except it's just listed as Macintosh HD). Since all my media is on a NAS and not my local drives, I don't want my local drives to show up, but there seems to be no way of removing them. When I right click there is no remove option (I can add it again, and set content, or add to favorites, but not remove)

They're also not listed in sources.xml (but there was a ton of other stuff in there that I did delete, like iTunes)

When I go to "Videos" I see;

Desktop
Home
Movies
Movies-Archive (user added)
Video Playlists
Volumes
Add Source

This is running cur svn but 9.04 release should be similar. Post what you do see like I did above please. Also pastebin a recent xbmc.log file so I can see which version you are running.
Macintosh HD
BootShare
Video plugins
Add source

13:40:29 T:2686099360 M:777875456 NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Mac OS X. Built on May 5 2009 (SVN:19953)
This is the same for me, using 9.04 binary.

I'm unable to remove any mounted volumes--volumes itself was removable. Cannot remove the XBMC folder/link out of it either:

BULK
DROBOBAGGINS
HDMOVIES
MRROBOTO
TV
VIDEO PLUGINS
XBMC
ADD SOURCE

mr roboto and drobo baggins are mounted drobos, hence my silly names. Smile
14:23:41 T:2686099360 M:582905856 NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Mac OS X. Built on May 26 2009 (SVN:20677)

Still can't remove the contents of /Volumes/ from XBMC. Is there really no way around this at this time?

XBMC's dmg is mounted, and I even have a listing for that now, in addition to my bootcamp share, and osx's partition.
xbmc.log Wrote:Platform: Mac OS X. Built on May 26 2009 (SVN:20677)

Sorry to bump this but, I'm having this problem.

I cleaned out sources.xml (because I want to have finer control over what is listed)

Same issue, except I mounted more things to further illustrate the issue.

It's auto adding anything from /Volumes/ without giving the option to remove /Volumes/, as well as the Video plugins option. Should I file this as a bug or a feature request?
bumping this thread. this is one of the few annoying remaining issues for me.

also a duplicate of this thread:

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55515

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I remove my drive names from the video list?0