How do I use this patch?
Hey all,

I'm a pretty basic user and just want to be able to launch firefox from XBMC. I understand that this link has a way to do that.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6324

I have no idea what to do with this though. I'm just a basic user with the Aeon skin.

Thanks guys!
You would have to setup a full build environment to use that. Does the "Launcher" plugin not do what you need?
Star 
Greetings Wii60! I'm currently using an alternative method to do this by modifying an already existing menu string that you don't use (for example "ASSISTANT") or you could add your own menu-string, and change the <onclick> command to launch external programs directly. (Instructions below for those that want to try it out). It is a simple way and it works great in most cases but unfortunately some non-fullscreen applications might have some focus issues with XBMC. It should in theory work with FireFox launched in fullscreen with the kiosk plug-in enabled.

--
STEP1: edit the " ..\720p\Includes_MainMenu.xml" in your skin directory and search for "ASSISTANT" or any other un-used menu-string and replace the

"<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(605)</onclick>" with:

<onclick>XBMC.System.Exec("C:\Program Files\Application.exe")</onclick>

--

STEP2: edit "language\English\ strings.xml" in your skin directory and rename the string value for ASSISTANT to a custom title, for ex.:
<string id="31021">ASSISTANT</string> to
<string id="31021">INTERNET</string>

--

You could of course add your own menu string instead of modifying an already existing one but it requires a few more steps if you want to be able to change the backdrops directly from XBMC settings. Cheers
why not using launcher plugin? i do so
XBMC on Win7
Zotac IONITX-A

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I use this patch?0