[Windows] Issues with Ghostevent/MCE Remote
Hello,

I am running Windows Vista (32bit) SP2 with EventGhost 0.3.6.1487 and have run into an issue.

I am trying to get my left/right/up/down buttons (on my MCE V2 Remote) to skip forward, backward, and big skip forward / backward accordingly. I looked into system\keymap.xml and saw that there is an entry on which it should behave so.

However, it does not seem to be functional - EventGhost does report me that it sends XBMC.up, and so forth when I push the button on the remote, but XBMC does not react upon it... it sits there doing nothing.

Any help would be appreciated Smile

P.S: Yes, the remote works fine with these buttons outside fullscreen video playback - and all buttons function accordingly Smile
Wrong area.

"XBMC General Discussion General discussion about XBMC (but no support/help requests)
Please, do not post support/help questions or requests here!"

Post, and, even better, LOOK in the Windows support thread. And maybe even the eventghost forums.
Oops! Since you were so kind to point out my behavior, would you also posses the kindness to move the topic to the said section?
Sorry, not a moderator. One probably will eventually. Until then, I suggest making sure your keys aren't performing double duty or somehow being interfered with by the keyboard emulation keys that eventghost also has. In fact, were I you, I'd disable the XBMC up, down, left, right, and exclusively use the keyboard emulator keys.
My keys were not performing double duty, however, I followed your suggestion and enabled keyboard emulation within GhostEvent, disabled XBMC.up (and the other directions) and mapped them to keyboard.

This worked out fine, and thus my issue is solved Smile

Thank you very much Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Issues with Ghostevent/MCE Remote0