• 2(current)
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels
HexusOdy Wrote:I have 2 questions here Smile

1) I thought Live TV streaming was not currently possible in XBMC? Dink has been trying for a while with iPlayer and the general consensus was something needed fixing in XBMC. A new guy comes along and does it in his first rough plugin? :confused2:

2) TVcatchups name is misleading because it shows Live TV, not things you have missed! Big Grin

agreed but the plugin takes its name from the website it utilizes
rudeboyx Wrote:agreed but the plugin takes its name from the website it utilizes

Sure I understand that, was just messing. I always thought TVcatchup (the website) was like iPlayer for other channels, shame its not!
HexusOdy Wrote:Sure I understand that, was just messing. I always thought TVcatchup (the website) was like iPlayer for other channels, shame its not!

Maybe it will happen sometime.. bbc have been in approached by other uk channels to borrow their iplayer technology.
They updated their website and broke it on xbmc Sad
Hi everyone,

I know this is my first post ever, but I've been following finding a way to get live TV to run via my xbox for a while, and I believe that this project could lead to some interesting developments (xbox as a tv recorder anyone?). I noticed that the script fantaman32 originally provided (thanks!) has now been broken by the latest updates the TVCatchup guys have made to their website, so I looked at the script and have fixed it up again Laugh. I don't think this will last too long though as the site seems to be undergoing a few changes!

I couldn't work out how to get the thumbnails for the channels, but the names display properly and it will actually work! There is still the REALLY bad problem that after 4 minutes the streams will crash due to a buffer overflow of some kind though...

Oh, and you'll need to put your username and password in the default.py again Smile

Download Here
I'm afraid that this is going to be fairly short lived if you guys can't be bothered to work with our established development team

At TVC we have a fairly open policy regarding working with developers, and we're all keen XBMC users. Several of the guys at TVC have been working on XBMC projects anyway and it would be kind of nice to work together rather than just see people try to rip our site.

Quote:All this has been happening at a time when it seems just about everyone who knows how to is setting up a VPN on a rented server and illegally trying to sell access to the site or rip streams for their X Boxes without bothering to establish that we have an established co-development programme.

Ask us nicely and we would quite probably be happy to work with you, and may even give you access to our api. But if we are forced to, then we shall just kill access.

TVC_Daniel
http://www.tvcatchup.com
hmmm yes they seem to be quite strict, hence the immediate ban i got for TESTING the plugin once or twice :S
Perhaps if you'd bothered to ask permission to develop a Plug-in like I did, then the guys would have been a little more receptive to you.
Sorry C-Quell, but we are pretty open with developers and really happy to work with you guys if everything is out in the open.

A few of the guys have already made some stunning XBMC apps, as described above, and it's a shame nobody bothered to check them out before doing this even if they couldn't be bothered to speak with us.

After all, we just receive, encode and distribue everything out our cost, surely it isn't asking too much to expect the courtesy of a pm in our forums?
Hi TVCDaniel,

I did read a few of the posts on your forums, and assumed that due to there being existing scripts there wouldn't be a problem... it appears I assumed wrong!

If you wish me to remove the link to the script I'll do so immediately, and in future I'll make sure I inform your development team before doing things!

Apologies once again..
Exclamation 
ahh! whats happening i go away for a week and when i come back my new favorite plugin has been pulled and theres some serious scandle going on.

TVcatchup.com is an awsome idea and im behind it all the way and whenver im at my PC and want to watch TV, its the first webpage im going to but when im using my xbox/TV then this plugin is the only way to go. ultimateley this plugin did nothing but create suppport and awareness for this new awsome site. Everybody was a winner.

so lets get it sorted and colaborate with the websites developers and gain access to the api.

think how awsome this plugin could be with proper support from the website develpoers.
Hi Guys. Not often I feel remorse, but clearly nothing wrong was intended.

If we're going to work together on this then we need to work to the API, so that banned users stay banned, foreign proxies are unusable, etc.

Omega, please pm me via TVC, and lets all work together.
I'd love to discuss this Smile BUT!

You have been banned for the following reason:
Stream Piracy

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

TVCDaniel Wrote:Hi Guys. Not often I feel remorse, but clearly nothing wrong was intended.

If we're going to work together on this then we need to work to the API, so that banned users stay banned, foreign proxies are unusable, etc.

Omega, please pm me via TVC, and lets all work together.
Will I be banned for using the version omega posted? I'll stop if so as I find the desktop player quite handy when away from my HTPC.
C-Quel Wrote:I'd love to discuss this Smile BUT!

You have been banned for the following reason:
Stream Piracy

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

C-Quel, I'll have a word with Dan and see if I can get him to lift the ban for you.

Avigrace Wrote:Will I be banned for using the version omega posted? I'll stop if so as I find the desktop player quite handy when away from my HTPC.

If you join the forum over there and post you request here http://forums.tvcatchup.com/showthread.php?t=1245 then we'll see what we can do. Although I think the plug-in might not work at the moment with the changes that are going on.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels7