• 30(current)
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels
How is tvcatchup through your browser? I'm sort of thinking aloud so to speak here but if it works ok through that then my guess would go back to your xbmc install. Or maybe you need to change the buffer settings in advanced xml but I am really just guessing here, as I said others will be way more qualified to offer advice than me.
Two words, Virgin Media!
stammie Wrote:How is tvcatchup through your browser? I'm sort of thinking aloud so to speak here but if it works ok through that then my guess would go back to your xbmc install. Or maybe you need to change the buffer settings in advanced xml but I am really just guessing here, as I said others will be way more qualified to offer advice than me.

Fine through the browser.

The only problem is through xbmc. dj_gerbil seems to ignore the error message I posted.
I don't ignore anything, I just discount certain things. The problem is this, the proper TVC player has some clever Link Retention code in it so if a few packets drop, its not a problem. Where as XBMC doesn't have anything like that in the RTMP Library so its not so good at keeping the link. Another thing is, the plugin itself only gets the link for XBMC to play, the rest is down to XBMC to do. One last thing that occurs to me is that you're using a Linux build, which unless I'm very mistaken they're only just releasing Linux Beta's so its also possible the code isn't as stable as on Windows.
I've changed back to Dharma.

But today when trying to use TVCatchup XBMC quits.

Code:
Core was generated by `/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x000000000063fa19 in CGUIInfoManager::EvaluateBooleanExpression(CGUIInfoManager::CCombinedValue const&, bool&, int, CGUIListItem const*) ()
nice ITV1 HD!
That's not the plugin, that's an XBMC fault. Did you backup you Library before you installed Eden and then restore it when you dropped back to Dharma? Also, did you ensure all traces of Eden were removed before you put Dharma back on??
dj_gerbil Wrote:That's not the plugin, that's an XBMC fault. Did you backup you Library before you installed Eden and then restore it when you dropped back to Dharma? Also, did you ensure all traces of Eden were removed before you put Dharma back on??

yep, did a complete removal, then afterwards deleted the xbmc directory along with all settings.

I didn't backup my library.

Odd as it was working yesterday TVCatchup, was working much better than under Eden beta 3
I guess you'll find it will work better under Dharma as Eden is still in Beta, it might be worth having a look around the forums here and see if anyone else is experiencing issues with RTMP streaming on Eden so we can try and work out if its something in the TVC streams or if its the RTMPlib that's the problem. As for why it worked yesterday and not today, I'm not sure, but I could do with seeing a bit more of the Log File so I can see what's going on.
I noticed the ITV1HD stream from the website is much better quality then the ITV1HD stream on xbmc.

I have selected High Quality in the settings too.
That's weird considering they use the same streams :~ I'll have a look later and confirm the right link is being generated.
There's no way of getting any of these streams into a .strm file is there?
grope Wrote:There's no way of getting any of these streams into a .strm file is there?

Nope, no way at all as the links change every time. I've got TVC integrated into the TV Guide plugin and i'm hoping to release it in the next couple of days.
dj_gerbil Wrote:Nope, no way at all as the links change every time. I've got TVC integrated into the TV Guide plugin and i'm hoping to release it in the next couple of days.

Perfect, just what I'm looking for thanks
Thumbs Up 
dj_gerbil Wrote:Nope, no way at all as the links change every time. I've got TVC integrated into the TV Guide plugin and i'm hoping to release it in the next couple of days.
thats what im looking for as well
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels7