Am I doing something wrong to get my series and season artwork in Aurgia?
So I'm using the TV Shows view in the experimental Auriga branch. When browsing episodes, this looks fantastic. However when choosing a TV show or a particular season within that show, the boxes showing series/season artwork are landscape, wheras all my pictures are portrait. This means that the top and bottom is cropped off, often hiding the name of the show from view. They all came down automatically from thetvdb.com.

Should I have done something differently? Or is this part of the skin simply not finished yet?
You have to change all your posters to the new 16x9 style ones.

TV Show Thumbs for Multiplex
Oh, okay. So does that mean for each show some poor bugger has to make a new image for every season? Isn't that a lot more effort than simply using the DVD box cover?
I use suitable fanart for each season thumb, what with the title of the season below the art there's no need for anything else.
Sorry, didn't quite follow you there. Are you saying that you already have different fanart for each season?

Re-reading again. Do you mean that you browse through the different fanarts available for each season and pick one that happens to contain events relating to something that happened in that season?
I am personally not a fan of the 16x9 for season thumbs, but still....

if you use landscape artwork, you'll be fine... just try to find landscape artwork that is appropriate / applicable for the season (no text is required since Aeon will superimpose a little 'Season <xx>' label on the screen.

When all is said and done though.... I stand by the fact that 'genuine' DVD's will be boxed with portrait artwork and would argue that Aeon isn't the 'complete' skin until it treats landscape and portrait artwork with equal favour. The vogue for landscape is currently the favoured option Undecided

Incidentally, you CAN keep all your portrait artwork... and choose the Showcase view at season level. The only downside is that you will miss out on the Multiplex niceties.
I think it was a bit of a bad idea implementing it when thetvdb don't seem to support it. If you could simply scrape the images it would be fine.
Yeah. I definitely agree about the season thumbs. What exactly does 'multiplex' mean in this case? I'm well aware of its meaning in computing, but can't see how it applies to the Aeon skim.

From reading through that other thread I'm a bit confused about fanart too. Is the intention that one of the fanarts will still be the "background" for when we're looking at a particular show, one will be for the tv show "thumbnail" and that there will be several others that we use for each of the seasons?
I only use multiplex for the individual episodes. I use showcase for everything else.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
pete-woods Wrote:Yeah. I definitely agree about the season thumbs. What exactly does 'multiplex' mean in this case? I'm well aware of its meaning in computing, but can't see how it applies to the Aeon skim.

From reading through that other thread I'm a bit confused about fanart too. Is the intention that one of the fanarts will still be the "background" for when we're looking at a particular show, one will be for the tv show "thumbnail" and that there will be several others that we use for each of the seasons?

Aeon has a number of ways of viewing the same thing.... from a simple list, to a sexy coverflow style.... you can choose which style you like by pressing the UP key when you're looking at your movies or TV show lists...

So far, the views available are Showcase (like Apple's coverflow), list (text list with a simple graphic), Multiplex (similar to Showcase, but can automatically pop up a dialog with more information on the currently selected item)... there's another view, but the name escapes me.
Multiplex is just a fancy sounding name for the style of view... it has no relationship with multiplexing in a computing / comms sense... I think it's inspired from a mix of content views combined.

Now... Aeon is pretty configurable... so the nice 'auto popup more info' feature in Multiplex view can be set to Automatic, Completely Disabled, or Manual Popup....

Then... you can even choose the way this 'more info' is rendered... i.e. should it should a basic summary, or lots of detail... just a single movie image, or a series of frames from the movie etc...

Long and short of all this though remains.... Aeon WAS geared towards Portrait art. I think DJH (the author) fancied a change and started to use landscape for TV shows... a whole bunch of folks agreed with his choice and started making artwork for landscape... some of it well done, some of it not.

I personally think folks just liked the 'change' and that they will soon realise the error of their ways. That said, choice is a good thing... just wish Aeon would support both equally.

It IS still the best skin to date, and highly polished... but the wave of 'mods' for it, and DJH doing his own thing is becoming messy.... but that's open source for you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Am I doing something wrong to get my series and season artwork in Aurgia?0