• 6(current)
Anyone else having problems when resuming from 'Pause'?
For other people having the problem, the active thread is here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52983
Thanks for that link, salnajjar, I was trying to find that.
nvn, my thread got merged
hey. just my 2 cents for yall. i have had the same issue for a while now. did a reinstall and was like sweet its working fixed etc. but then it broke again. took me some trial and error to localize the issue. the issue stems from ac3 play back. i can watch avi with mp3 audio fine. playback can be paused, played, etc. using onboard dig audio out over toslink to sony receiver with dts/ac3 support. if i watch an avi with ac3 audio same config. it breaks after pause/stop. turning off the nav sounds has resolved the issue. also turning off ac3 support in the menu will fix the issue but i lose my digital audio indicator on the receiver and it does not display the audio info, aka dolby digital 2/3 for ex. which it DOES do if ac3 support is enabled. turning off dts support did not fix the issue. i have narrowed it down to ac3 and the nav sounds fixed it. thanks guys. hopefully you can get this sorted soon.
Been dealing with this issue for a while. Like others mentioned, I just changed the Pause button to also be p instead of spacebar. I get to keep my nav sounds. Smile
gnomie Wrote:hey. just my 2 cents for yall. i have had the same issue for a while now. did a reinstall and was like sweet its working fixed etc. but then it broke again. took me some trial and error to localize the issue. the issue stems from ac3 play back. i can watch avi with mp3 audio fine. playback can be paused, played, etc. using onboard dig audio out over toslink to sony receiver with dts/ac3 support. if i watch an avi with ac3 audio same config. it breaks after pause/stop. turning off the nav sounds has resolved the issue. also turning off ac3 support in the menu will fix the issue but i lose my digital audio indicator on the receiver and it does not display the audio info, aka dolby digital 2/3 for ex. which it DOES do if ac3 support is enabled. turning off dts support did not fix the issue. i have narrowed it down to ac3 and the nav sounds fixed it. thanks guys. hopefully you can get this sorted soon.

no offense, but we know what the issue is
Np, and thanks for comment, I was also having trouble finding the original link so thought I would try and be helpful.
Hello,

I have a a very strange problem - after hitting pause (both keyboard and remote) and resuming, the movie resumes but without sound! when trying to stop - XBMC crashes and gives the following error :

Any Ideas ?

Thanks in advance,
Amir
OS windows 7
XBMC Ver: 9.10 r22217
happens on all skins (mayhem,Aeon stark, Minimedia)
Please see the sticky regarding posting problems in a useful manner.
Known Bug, this thread has some useful information...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52983
Shakty Wrote:Hello,

I have a a very strange problem - after hitting pause (both keyboard and remote) and resuming, the movie resumes but without sound! when trying to stop - XBMC crashes and gives the following error :

Any Ideas ?

Thanks in advance,
Amir

turn off navigation sounds and you'll be fine pausing your movies!
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
supernoman Wrote:Been dealing with this issue for a while. Like others mentioned, I just changed the Pause button to also be p instead of spacebar. I get to keep my nav sounds. Smile

Anyone try to do this change using the keymap.xml file? I could technically do it by reassigning buttons on my remote, but if it's possible using the keymap.xml file that would be better.

Thanks,
Harry
Harry Muscle Wrote:Anyone try to do this change using the keymap.xml file? I could technically do it by reassigning buttons on my remote, but if it's possible using the keymap.xml file that would be better.

Thanks,
Harry

Yup, changed the keymap months ago. Im sure many other have as well.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Yup, changed the keymap months ago. Im sure many other have as well.

Just to confirm ... would this work if placed inside userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml (which seems to be the new location for keymap files according to the wiki)

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<space>Play</space>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Thanks,
Harry
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone else having problems when resuming from 'Pause'?0