No option for External Player showing in Setting menu?
Sorry for the noob question but I have searched both this forum and the wiki. I'm running version 9.04.1 r20672 and trying to set up zoom player to be my default dvd player. Using Windows XP Pro SP3.

Anyway, the screen in >settings >video >player doesn't show the option for "Use External DVD Player" - it isn't thereHuh

I placed the following code in an advancedsettings.xml file in my appdata directory (do the spaces in the filename directory path cause problems?):

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
<filename>c:\program files\zoom player\zplayer.exe</filename>
<args>-fs</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>
I may be wrong, but it seems that you have the external player set as default. as such there seems no point for a "use external player checkbox", because xbmc does not write to advancedsettings.xml . if you don't set defaultplayer, your setting may appear.

Disclaimer: This information may be totally wrong.
I dunno anything about the external player BS, but the "use external dvd player" gui setting is xbox only.
Yes, external player does not offer any settings in the GUI. Waiting for the new functionalities documentation from moby-uk, what I gathered so far is that you are able to decide the external player on an extension by extension basis, if you so wish. And are also able to decide whether to use it and which player to use for DVD structures and DVD ISOs.

All this remains confined to .xml settings. Check this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=355673&postcount=7

Once you have set everything up, I believe you have the files you have set up as defaulting to external player playing straight with that. For all the others you have the option of going to the context menu and select "Play using...". Although I'm not sure which external player would be showed in this case... as I mentioned, we are waiting for documentation on new features.

Hope this helps.
althekiller Wrote:I dunno anything about the external player BS, but the "use external dvd player" gui setting is xbox only.

That answers it then, I didn't know from looking at the screenshots in the wiki that some things were xbox only. Thanks...
ashlar Wrote:Yes, external player does not offer any settings in the GUI. Waiting for the new functionalities documentation from moby-uk, what I gathered so far is that you are able to decide the external player on an extension by extension basis, if you so wish. And are also able to decide whether to use it and which player to use for DVD structures and DVD ISOs.

All this remains confined to .xml settings. Check this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=355673&postcount=7

Once you have set everything up, I believe you have the files you have set up as defaulting to external player playing straight with that. For all the others you have the option of going to the context menu and select "Play using...". Although I'm not sure which external player would be showed in this case... as I mentioned, we are waiting for documentation on new features.

Hope this helps.

I've seen the thread discussing using different players based on file types and that looks very cool. But I'm just trying to get zoomplayer as the default player for everything and I'm still unable to get it done.

Is there something wrong with my xml file code above? I made sure to put it in the proper user appdata directory.

When I run a video ts file it still comes up in dvdplayer and not zoomplayer?

Sorry I didn't put this in the "external player support thread" but I figure I shouldn't put it there now as I don't want to be more annoying with a double post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No option for External Player showing in Setting menu?0