[MOD] Recently Added Movies, TV Shows, and Music on the Home Screen
very nice Smile
Mod shows, but it doesn't show the thumbs of the movies/tv shows. I shows the title etc, but the thumb is not showing.
Am I doing someting wrong?

Edit: Something to do with rights... MY Master account shows them, my "kiddie-proof" account doesn''t. Don't know how to fix this yet...
Joy In Repitition
Yes ! Great idea. I love it.
Thanks for your mod
Kodi 16 - Aeon Madnox skin
HTPC : Core I5 4690K - Nvidia GTX 970 - Nas Synology DS410j - LG Bluray - Windows 10 - x64
Having some conflicts with Xbox360EventClient.exe that I use on my HTPC for my wireless 360 controller. THe DPad is now no longer functional other buttons work but after installing this script I can't move, any help would be great.
Is it possible to have the same thing with music ? recently added albums ? for example
Kodi 16 - Aeon Madnox skin
HTPC : Core I5 4690K - Nvidia GTX 970 - Nas Synology DS410j - LG Bluray - Windows 10 - x64
Hitcher Wrote:Ah right. And then there's the fact that Up/Down also moves the menu bar.

what an awesome mod. Just done for my self, but tweaked it and made it an option in the Home advance menu. now i just press up then i can scroll along to select what movie want to view.

Here the tweaked Code:
You will need to download 2 new files for this mod
Download Here

then add them to your aeon skin folder
Includes_latest_added.xml in to your 720p folder
latest_added.py in to a new folder named extras

then open up home.xml and edit line 2 to say
Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">500</defaultcontrol>

then find <include>Furniture_HomeRSS</include> in home.xml and add this code just below it
Code:
<include>latest_added</include>

then open Includes.xml and add this line
Code:
<include file="Includes_latest_added.xml" />

then open Includes_MainMenu.xml and find:
Code:
<include name="DownForSub">
    <onup>Skin.Reset(lowermainmenu)</onup>
    <ondown>351</ondown>
</include>
and add this code just below it
Code:
<include name="LatestAdditions">
    <onup>SetFocus(510)</onup>
    <ondown>351</ondown>
</include>

then find <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(onetouch)">DownForSub</include> and replace with these two lines of code.
Code:
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(onetouch) + !Skin.HasSetting(homelatest)">DownForSub</include>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(onetouch) + Skin.HasSetting(homelatest)">LatestAdditions</include>

open Customisation.xml and find these lines of code:
Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="503">
<include>Objects_SettingsDefaultRadioButton</include>
<label>31252</label>
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(nohomegradient)</onclick>
<selected>!Skin.HasSetting(nohomegradient)</selected>
</control>

and add this just below it.
Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="504">
<include>Objects_SettingsDefaultRadioButton</include>
<label>Latest Additions</label>
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(homelatest)</onclick>
<selected>Skin.HasSetting(homelatest)</selected>
</control>

if you have added other mods like conditional weather and animated Icons you may need to increase the ID number to the next highest number.

and last open Fonts.xml and find this
Code:
<font>
  <name>Font_WeatherTemp</name>
  <filename>aeon_title.ttf</filename>
  <size>55</size>
</font>

and add this below it
Code:
<font>
  <name>Font_LatestAdditionsTiles</name>
  <filename>aeon_main_kr.ttf</filename>
  <size>18</size>
</font>

<font>
  <name>Font_LatestAdditionsYear</name>
  <filename>aeon_main_kr.ttf</filename>
  <size>16</size>
</font>

thats i hope you like it.
Might be abit off topic, but can this be modded to give library stat's aswell?
ie.. number of movies, albums ect..
buges Wrote:Might be abit off topic, but can this be modded to give library stat's aswell?
ie.. number of movies, albums ect..

That is a fantastic idea - Stats popping up in the home menu for each category.
I'd find it immensely helpful if patches to the git repository version were created rather than instructions on what files to change. It's easy to do:

git diff > filename.patch

Then people can apply the changes using :

patch -p0 < filename.patch

Thanks!
dteirney Wrote:I'd find it immensely helpful if patches to the git repository version were created rather than instructions on what files to change. It's easy to do:

git diff > filename.patch

Then people can apply the changes using :

patch -p0 < filename.patch

Thanks!

but how would this work with loads people having different mods made to Aeon? not everyone is using a virgin Auriga branch
rausch101 Wrote:That is a fantastic idea - Stats popping up in the home menu for each category.

I was thinking the exact same thing. That would be VERY cool. A small list with numbers of movies, series and episodes. ;-)
Joy In Repitition
Batemann Wrote:I was thinking the exact same thing. That would be VERY cool. A small list with numbers of movies, series and episodes. ;-)

I test something like that, but there is a problem.
I dont know, how to get the numbers of each content in the main view.

Code:
Container(id).NumItems      Number of items in the container with given id. If no id is specified it grabs the current container.
Code:
<label>[UPPERCASE]$INFO[Container(50).NumItems] $LOCALIZE[31005][/UPPERCASE]</label>

It may be to add virtual (wrap/fixed)lists to get the ids for the container?
Done!
eumel Wrote:I test something like that, but there is a problem.
I dont know, how to get the numbers of each content in the main view.

Code:
Container(id).NumItems      Number of items in the container with given id. If no id is specified it grabs the current container.
Code:
<label>[UPPERCASE]$INFO[Container(50).NumItems] $LOCALIZE[31005][/UPPERCASE]</label>

It may be to add virtual (wrap/fixed)lists to get the ids for the container?

I wouldn't know. Anyone with actual skinning experience around here?
Joy In Repitition
This is really great! I got it working, though my TV shows and some of my movies aren't showing thumbs. It looks from the log that the thumb doesn't exist in the cache. Does anyone know why this would be?

Code:
10:10:50 T:15588 M:1234055168   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/c/c11f03a5.tbn
10:10:50 T:15588 M:1234055168   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/c/c11f03a5.tbn
10:10:50 T:15588 M:1231572992   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/f/feedd7c2.tbn
10:10:50 T:15588 M:1231572992   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/f/feedd7c2.tbn
10:10:50 T:103332 M:1222184960  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:10:50 T:103332 M:1222184960  NOTICE:
10:10:53 T:15588 M:1239498752   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/3/3eb80ed5.tbn
10:10:53 T:15588 M:1239498752   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/3/3eb80ed5.tbn
10:10:53 T:15588 M:1237835776   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/a/afe8b84b.tbn
10:10:53 T:15588 M:1237835776   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/a/afe8b84b.tbn
10:10:53 T:15588 M:1237835776   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/e/e70b3ef4.tbn
10:10:53 T:15588 M:1237835776   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/e/e70b3ef4.tbn
10:10:53 T:15588 M:1237835776   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/5/52133983.tbn
10:10:53 T:15588 M:1237835776   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/5/52133983.tbn

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Recently Added Movies, TV Shows, and Music on the Home Screen4