Unable to play 480p content
I just installed a new video card (8400gs 512mb) into my XBMCbuntu box (P3 800mhz 288mb RAM) and there's almost no change in video quality compared to the old mx440. It's been said that I should be able to run 1080p content fine, but I'm getting 15fps running 480p content. GPU: 50%, CPU 100%. VDPAU enabled. Just installed newest nvidia 184.xx drivers before rebooting. Video: h264, audio: aac.

The CPU seems to be pegged on 100% all the time, even when the video is paused. I'm watching a CSI episode: Episode 10: One to Go. 480p on the CBS plugin. It looks great and works fine on my windows quad box that I use for testing.

There are no errors, so I'm not posting any logs.
What codec does it say it's using, should mention VDPAU if it is using it.

Make sure you have set the renderer to VDPAU in settings.
Superorb Wrote:There are no errors, so I'm not posting any logs.

Great attitude! Guess how much team support you're going to get...
Zeron Wrote:What codec does it say it's using, should mention VDPAU if it is using it.

Make sure you have set the renderer to VDPAU in settings.
It is set to VDPAU in settings. Codec is ff264. No vdpau mentioned.

althekiller Wrote:Great attitude! Guess how much team support you're going to get...

I thought the logs were only useful when it pops up saying there is an error.
I accidentally cleared the xbmc.log file and saved it. Now it has stopped logging, the file is empty. Is there a way to resume logging?
I downloaded a 480p movie trailer in .mov format and played that on the xbmc box. It played it fine, cpu at 25% and gpu at 1% using the ff-h264-vdpau codec.

I wonder if there's some reason why it doesn't use the vdpau codec while streaming from CBS site.

EDIT: I just got a 1080p trailer too and it plays that at 30% cpu usage. Any ideas why streaming sucks up the cpu?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to play 480p content0