• 17(current)
Win HOW-TO use Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control without EventGhost
this is the location for the reg patch
HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way

but do you got a mce reciever ?
won't work without
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
I am still an HTPC newb, so is EventGhost the preferred way of having windows boot, rather than the standard GUI?
(2015-06-09, 21:55)lazzydaze Wrote: I am still an HTPC newb, so is EventGhost the preferred way of having windows boot, rather than the standard GUI?

If using Windows, EventGhost is not required. You need an IR receiver to pick up remote commands and some knowledge of your computer. In Windows power settings, you want to determine what happens when the power button is activated. Some computers can be started from a complete off state or from hibernation -- this is dependent on the motherboard. Most can be powered on and off from a sleep state.

So, you would want to go into Windows power settings and choose the power off state for your computer. The safe choice is to put the computer to sleep. Then, when the power command is issued from the Harmony remote, the computer wakes from sleep.

Launcher4Kodi can be configured with Windows power settings to automatically open and close Kodi when the computer is waked and put to sleep.
i have little problem
i read everything you wrote here, and now, what i want to know is:
is it possible for xbmx to without eventgh. cuz for me i do not know why, xbmx will work only when i run the eventh.?
thank u and cheers
(2015-12-01, 20:54)giovanni326 Wrote: i have little problem
i read everything you wrote here, and now, what i want to know is:
is it possible for xbmx to without eventgh. cuz for me i do not know why, xbmx will work only when i run the eventh.?
thank u and cheers

Yes, there is a guide in my signature that will talk you through configuration without EventGhost.
oh okay, i see now, sorry again, i thought there is no such a thing and that i dont have the possibilities for that, my mistake.
everything is okay now, i dont have problems anymore, thank you very much.

really great and helpfull forum with a lot of people who will help you, thanks.
cheers
Interesting! I did not know it existed. I will change my approach... No IR for now. I'll try two alternatives: the web interface (most work is making the html) and network sender/receiver.
Hi, I just try to figure out why my IR603 Receiver is not working under Win7. If I press buttons on my Harmony 350 right after plugging it in, the red LED responds to the buttons. But after 3-5s it stops responding.

In device Manager it is recognized under:
Human Interface Device: Microsoft eHome-Infrarottransceiver, 6.1.7600.16385
USB-Control: eHome-Infrarotempfänger (USBCIR) 6.1.7601.18208
(2016-03-15, 14:03)5ggggg Wrote: Hi, I just try to figure out why my IR603 Receiver is not working under Win7. If I press buttons on my Harmony 350 right after plugging it in, the red LED responds to the buttons. But after 3-5s it stops responding.

In device Manager it is recognized under:
Human Interface Device: Microsoft eHome-Infrarottransceiver, 6.1.7600.16385
USB-Control: eHome-Infrarotempfänger (USBCIR) 6.1.7601.18208

Did you try using showkey? Does showkey register any key presses?

You might have bad drivers or a bad receiver. I have owned two bad receivers.
This is a helpful website.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO use Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control without EventGhost4