• 2(current)
Win HOW-TO use Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control without EventGhost
Can you post your full key-map please?

atiinola Wrote:That was my experience as well. The remote seemed much more responsive. I made a few minor changes to the keymapping file for opening certain windows and mapped them to special keys. I also set up one of the unused function keys to open XBMC from the desktop. I had tried event ghost, but this method was much simpler for me. I am using an mce receiver.
Can someone post a link to a MCE IR receiver that can be used in this setup with XP Pro? It seems as if they are hard to find and I haven't had much luck searching here or google, everything looks deactivated or out of stock. Would love to try this out with my harmony one.
Hey, quick question here: when using the Harmony as a MCE Keyboard, is the genuine Microsoft MCE Receiver needed or just any ol' IR receiver would do the trick?
HA HA It´s working
I have a Hauppauge IR reciver and a remote from my PVR-500
and ill thought ill give it a go even if this should be for the MCE remote IR reciver
but it worked.
i can now controll my XBMC HTPC with my Harmony 525 remote using a Hauppage IR reciver.
Cool.

Thanx alot
Thanks for the post. Using the MCE keyboard device settings with the harmony helps a lot in controlling XBMC. I'm also using it to control the external player (MPC-HC) through XBMC (using mapped keys in MPC-HC).
Great approach - this works with the HP Media Center remote receiver that you can buy on ebay for just a few bucks. Plugged in, installed drivers, configured Harmony as MCE Keyboard - Done.

Thanks.
I'm using the Harmony One from Logi, and I was wondering if the remote can wake/turn on a PC when set to emulate an MCE Keyboard. Anyone tried that (maybe with another universal Logitech remote, should be the same regarding my question)?
By default the power sequence is set to put the computer to sleep on power down. If you're using the Microsoft IR adapter (also sold by other computer OEM's such as HP), the remote will send a command to wake the computer back up.

--Steve
OK, it seems a "yes" to me. I'm using an intel mobo with a CIR header and a homebrew IR adapter which is compatible with the MS receiver. I'm gonna test it soon anyway.
Hi & thanks for this awesome find!

Just a question though; How do you start the XBMC.exe with this and assign it to a keystroke? I know someone mentioned using the IR Suite Translator codes. Do I need to install IR Suite to have the function of starting XBMC?

Thanks again.
garvani Wrote:
Code:
    <mytv>31669</mytv> <!-- red -->
        <mymusic>31672</mymusic> <!-- green -->
        <mypictures>31670</mypictures> <!-- yellow -->
        <myvideo>31673</myvideo> <!-- blue -->
hmm....I updated my IRSSmap.xml with the above codes, but my XBMC is still not responding to the mytv, mymusic, mypictures buttons. Is there any way to show the code of the remote button being pressed (as a debug?)
How does this work. Does that mean the MCE keyboard sends IR codes and the harmony remote is mimicking those IR codes?

Is this the keyboard in this link:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/peripheral...eyboard/p1

Can anyone post the IR codes - I have a universal remote but not the harmony and this would work with any remote that can learn codes.
Got this working with an MCE receiver and a Harmony 550 on a Vista Home Premium SP3 machine. I had a problem initially because I mapped the keys in the Harmony's device mode and not the activity, but now it's all good.

Here are the key mappings I used, with F4 assigned to launch XBMC:

yunti Wrote:How does this work. Does that mean the MCE keyboard sends IR codes and the harmony remote is mimicking those IR codes?

Is this the keyboard in this link:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/peripheral...eyboard/p1

Can anyone post the IR codes - I have a universal remote but not the harmony and this would work with any remote that can learn codes.

Yes, the Harmony is mimicking the keyboard's IR signals. The keyboard you linked to seems like the right one.

As for posting the codes, I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean. How can they be extracted from the Harmony database?
I think the only choices you have is to learn the codes from a keyboard if you can find one, or a harmony remote set as the keyboard.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO use Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control without EventGhost4