How can I manually change the background for the main menu.
I have no idea, and it looks dumb just black.

I tried to find a black png in the skin folder, but i couldn't.

I am willing to manually change it with FTP.

Please help!
The background for the main menu shouldn't be black. Original aeon backgrounds are like blue, green and purple I think.

And you can change them in the skin settings.
I am not using the original Aeon. I am using the AEON MOD FOR XBOX.

Is there a way I can change it, or is it impossible with what I iaim using.
uhm, you go to settings and change it there... ? Wink
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
When I go to settings all I can do is add backgrounds to the specific categories like movies and music and picture. When I go into those categories i see the backgrounds. There is no option for the main menu.
I am using the AEON MOD FOR XBOX, and I don't understand how to get a background image at the home screen. It's just a black background. HELP!
Firesign3394 Wrote:When I go to settings all I can do is add backgrounds to the specific categories like movies and music and picture. When I go into those categories i see the backgrounds. There is no option for the main menu.

Any "category" background should appear when that category is highlighted in the main menu. There is no need for a seperate "main menu" selection. If the home screen remains black after selecting a background in the settings, you most likely need to update XBMC. Use one of the nightly builds from here:

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/

Download the one for Xbox if that's what your running. If I've misunderstood the problem, let me know.
Are you talking about the screen that has the movie -- pictures -- etc bar at the bottom or middle? Do you even get the blue, purple etc pics that come stock with the skin?
Exclamation 
Full instructions were in the thread explaining how to overcome this problem and i even included extra backdrops for this purpose and it would have been better to post in there.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
srk-mac Wrote:Any "category" background should appear when that category is highlighted in the main menu. There is no need for a seperate "main menu" selection. If the home screen remains black after selecting a background in the settings, you most likely need to update XBMC. Use one of the nightly builds from here:

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/

Download the one for Xbox if that's what your running. If I've misunderstood the problem, let me know.
That would not help him as xbox does not support multimage loading. thats why i have spent a lot of time working out a way around this problem.
paul Wrote:That would not help him as xbox does not support multimage loading. thats why i have spent a lot of time working out a way around this problem.

Ah. My apologies. I haven't run this on the Xbox since the XBMP days. Sorry for any misinformation I gave. Blush
Hi,

That is the screen I am talking about, the Home screen is what I think it is called.

I don't get those pics, but I have seen them in the skin directory.

I looked at all the pics.

I don't have an option to change the background in the Customize tab in Settings.

Just to change the background for the movies, pics etc.

It's been very frustrating.
So what am I to do? I am kind of scared to update the XBOX, since I bought it modded and don't want to screw it up. I got it about 4 weeks ago and the guy said he installed the newest XBMC.
I moved your posts into this thread. Please don't crosspost, especially not where it doesn't fit (like the AEON FAQ).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Firesign3394 Wrote:So what am I to do? I am kind of scared to update the XBOX, since I bought it modded and don't want to screw it up. I got it about 4 weeks ago and the guy said he installed the newest XBMC.
You need an svn build for auriga google for either T3ch or xbmc nightly builds.
Either of these sources are ok. but even then you will still have to manually set your home screen backdrops if your using Auriga on xbox, it's not rocket science and is very easy to do "Honest"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I manually change the background for the main menu.0