Xyber Media Manager (XMM) - Movies and TV Shows NFO managament software for Windows
Thumbs Up 
This tool is no longer available .. way too outdated to be usefull with XBMC.
sigh: another .NET media manager.
this would have been nice as a cross-platform tool.
oh well. nice work anyway
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
bidossessi Wrote:sigh: another .NET media manager.

You can always run VMware Server or VirtualBox with a simple windows install to manage your media. Unfortunately .NET is really popular and easy to program in. Heck, I've been working on my own little vb 2008 renaming app and I'm not even a programmer Smile
bidossessi Wrote:sigh: another .NET media manager.

Maybe one day when I start work on a v2 I will consider mono (I do plan on doing it at some point as I learned a lot from developing this one and can make a lot of improvements). In the meanwhile a mac or linux user can do it themselfs if they want such a tool on one of those platforms cause my primary platform is windows.

Quote:You can always run VMware Server or VirtualBox with a simple windows install to manage your media. Unfortunately .NET is really popular and easy to program in. Heck, I've been working on my own little vb 2008 renaming app and I'm not even a programmer

Must say I love the dev tools MS provides. VS is still my fav IDE of all time. I just wish there would be a proper monodevelop2 for windows or mac that does not crash on the least bit of use. Maybe I should install unbuntu and check it out on there ... now how am I gonna get a 3rd partition on this macbook Oo
totally wonderful program - please never stop developing
Hi

Looks very impressive...would love an option to auto rename tv episodes from tvdb.com but trully awesome works

thx for your hard work

Zeltak

p.s..+1 for the linux port Smile
great program dude i love it. thanks for making my life easier Big Grin
I am looking at some options like Mono, Qt, GTK#, etc. My biggest problem atm is that it will be a lot of work to create the UI for a nice linux/mac version. I'll also have to make sure that ScraperXML lib works fine on mac/linux. I did some initial test by recompiling the current version of xMM in MonoDevelop2 under Ubuntu Linux and it actually run fine and you can even see the movie info and images but the scraping part would not work.

So ye, I'm investigating the option of a multiplatform version for OSX, Linux and Windows but I won't promise any release any time soon as I do have some other work to take care of first.
might wanna check out UMM project (the unified media manager) if your interested in helping out on that one. Check the forums here and request access to the private sub-forum if your interested.

there's still alot of planning to do, and things to be determined, but it will get rolling Big Grin
Congrats to the original poster on your app. It looks ace.

A unified media manager of some kind would be AWESOME! I'm currently stuck on a mac with very little choice. I tried installing wine and running MIP but that was a lesson in how to waste a good part of your day. I'm not complaining, it was written for windows, why should it work.

What has baffled me for a while now is why no one writes one of these media managers in flex and publishes it as an adobe air app? That'd remove all the cross-platform UI issues and I'm under the impression flex and air are pretty well suited to this sort of XML based task.
Looks good!! Just looking for the bulk TV Rename of episodes Big Grin https://www.facebook.com/piloty.tv
afail Wrote:totally wonderful program - please never stop developing

I agree, thanks a lot.
Yee

This software is very good. Now I can download info from polish site. Beautiful Smile Smile Smile
Any plans to add Music media support? (scrapers like Yahoo Music)?
I would like to add my Music DVD's as well
Is it possible to organize episode files into folders with this program?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xyber Media Manager (XMM) - Movies and TV Shows NFO managament software for Windows0