• 86(current)
[AppleTV] Broadcom Crystal HD Hardware Decoder Mini-PCIe Card support for Apple TV?
Plutonium Wrote:here is the xbmc.log. please tell me whats wrongHuh?

http://pastebin.com/eiStvdFg

Thanks

Many "DEBUG: CrystalHD: DtsProcOutput returned BC_STS_TIMEOUT." typically indicates a demuxer, bit-stream covert issue. Basically feeding crystalhd with something it does not understand. There are indications that vc1 might need additional bit-stream convert handling. It's on the list to check and verify.
davilla Wrote:Many "DEBUG: CrystalHD: DtsProcOutput returned BC_STS_TIMEOUT." typically indicates a demuxer, bit-stream covert issue. Basically feeding crystalhd with something it does not understand. There are indications that vc1 might need additional bit-stream convert handling. It's on the list to check and verify.

Thanks.
And its strangely, because the movie played (the dark knight) have no DTS audio file, only AC3!? Why are there DTS problems?
do you think that demuxing into mkv with ac3 audio will help?
Plutonium Wrote:Thanks.
do you think that demuxing into mkv with ac3 audio will help?

No, the problem is video demux/bit-stream convert and not audio.
davilla Wrote:No, the problem is video demux/bit-stream convert and not audio.

okay,

so i have to sell my mac mini and buy a media-box or something else, which can handle m2ts files with vc1.

regards
Plutonium Wrote:okay,

so i have to sell my mac mini and buy a media-box or something else, which can handle m2ts files with vc1.

regards

Or you can just cool your jets and wait until it's fixed, CrystalHD is still under development Smile
davilla Wrote:Or you can just cool your jets and wait until it's fixed, CrystalHD is still under development Smile
I completely agree. I'm sure we have all heard "All good things come to those who wait". Davilla will bring us very good things.

I was wondering if there have been any commits since the buildbot's were shut down that would help the appletv with the CrystalHD card. It really seems like my XBMC is starting to have isses as of late. The UI seems slower (with the busy box popping up between screens), buffering when watching HD movies, some 1080P x264 HD content I can't get to play smooth at all. I I'm thinking I should just factory restore and start nice and fresh.

I wish they would start up the buildbot just so that we can get a build that does DDS automatically. Oh well, hopefully soon.

Thanks for the amazing work with crystalhd and the appletv. For the money, it's still my favorite XBMC experience.Nod
DDS will not help much. The nvidia driver under atv(osx) does not support the decompression. The nvidia driver under atv(linux) does support a sub-set.

http://trac.xbmc.org/timeline shows all commits. Hint, look for commits by me, elupus and bobo1on1.
davilla Wrote:DDS will not help much. The nvidia driver under atv(osx) does not support the decompression.

Can you explain this a little further? It sure seems like my fanart snaps in instantaneously (w/Alaska) when it's in the dds format on my ATV. Maybe it's just the placebo effect or something else going on? Huh I also haven't reloaded my ATV up with my entire library of movies again, so that may be part of it..
tuckbodi Wrote:Can you explain this a little further? It sure seems like my fanart snaps in instantaneously (w/Alaska) when it's in the dds format on my ATV. Maybe it's just the placebo effect or something else going on? Huh I also haven't reloaded my ATV up with my entire library of movies again, so that may be part of it..

See CRenderSystemGL::CheckOpenGLQuirks(). Not 100 percent sure of it's relation to DDS compression.
tuckbodi Wrote:Can you explain this a little further? It sure seems like my fanart snaps in instantaneously (w/Alaska) when it's in the dds format on my ATV. Maybe it's just the placebo effect or something else going on? Huh I also haven't reloaded my ATV up with my entire library of movies again, so that may be part of it..

I can also confirm that DDS compression makes fanart open up instantaneously on my AppleTV. Enabling the feature and converting the fanart definitely made a difference on my end.
Yea, DDS made a big difference for me too. I'm almost positive that it isn't placebo effect either. I used to have fanart disabled because it made the UI painful to use. Now it's nice and fast.
If it didn't support it, we wouldn't see any fanart when converted to dds right? DDS sure seemed to make a big difference for me. I always had fanart disabled because it slowed down the UI something terrible. With DDS, my fanart load instantly. Now if we just had a more recent build, we wouldn't need to convert the files manually. Oh well, all in good time.
Hey all, very impressed by this thread and the spinoff threads. I have read them all, and that got me going quite a bit.

I have a ATV with BC Crystal HD card, XBMC 10.5 pre 28256 installed (compiled 1st march 2010, how do i get newer ones?), and crystal HD r26 is also installed.

However I do have a couple of questions.

1) Is it correct that XBMC cannot play ripped bluray ISO's? I ripped a bluray to iso with anydvd hd, but log stated it cannot locate the video_ts.. duh...
2) 1080p mkv file is running at 24 fps max. (and 72% processor usage). Is that ok? Looks sluggish when I watch it.. log included: http://pastebin.com/JyZKwH6H
3) how do i know if the thing is working. I can not change the res of XBMC in System - System - Video Output to anything but 1280x720@60hz or windowed. I can set the ATV to 1080p or 720p. I cannot see at what res mkv's or other content are displaying.

Thanx a lot for any explanations or solutions! My goal is of course to get 1080p bluray playback on the ATV with crystal HD card, so I can get all my blurays on NAS and have a jukebox of movies (Need bigger NAS, blurays cost 34 Gb per movie, current NAS disks have 4 TB total, :-()

Regards

Eelco
Don't forget to donate to the cause gents.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr...ca1a1bd814
Hi,

I have created a driver version that supports suspend/resume. It's not very clean, but the driver in general isn't too clean so :-).

Please note that due to some awkwardness with the driver XBMC currently does not support it (xbmc should check for BC_STS_IO_USER_ABORT then check for a suspend state and if true close the handler to the driver - see the gstreamer example). Therefore after a resume you would need to restart xbmc to make sure that the driver can be used again.

No support from me I'm just adding it for the ones who would like to use it.

Source added.

http://www.therebel.eu/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext.tar.gz
http://www.therebel.eu/broadcomcrystal_m...src.tar.gz
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Broadcom Crystal HD Hardware Decoder Mini-PCIe Card support for Apple TV?9