Make RSS Control remember position and continue upon revisit
I am currently working on a few skin concepts and I was curious about something.

How many people actually like having the rss bar on the screen? Now I'm not suggesting we get rid of it all together, but I'm thinking maybe a button activation that slides the rss bar into view, otherwise it slides off screen. Personally I never use it. It is still set to the xbmc feed and that's the way mine will always stay.
I like it and use it, but it's rather annoying that it starts over from scratch on each visit to the homescreen. would be cool to have it on any submenu or at least make it continue at the state where i left the main menu.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm using the rss feed a lot, a must have imho.

Though i totally agree with Haggy. If the feed would continue when switching screens, i would use the feed even more!
Haggy Wrote:it's rather annoying that it starts over from scratch on each visit to the homescreen
Amen. I like the RSS feed personally, even it I only see one thing per day. I also wish it would start by filling the whole space with RSS info but not scrolling, delay for T seconds, then start scrolling. Usually all I ever see is the first few words because it takes for-damn-ever to cross the screen.
Absolutely +1 for making the RSS feed reset optional when changing windows.
I think this must be done in xbmc as i don't believe it's possible in a skin right? If so i'd like to move this thread to the feature suggestions and rename it (as we're rather OT now, concerning the original threadstarter's question).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
What like this? It looks like a bigger patch than it is because I only added 5 lines. It saves the character scroll position with the RSSReader object, which is persisted even when the control isn't visible.

EDIT: Funny how the thread started out "Should I hide the RSS control?" and ended up "Let's make the RSS control more visible"
Great - looks good. Please open a patch ticket as described here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_submit_a_patch . Eager to have this in my version soon! Big Grin
Pffff like I don't know how to submit a ticket! Smile

...standard procedure Big Grin
Thanks CapnBry, just got commited into SVN in 21848
Bah don't thank me, thank Johnathan!
Could you guys please discuss this yourselves? He said i should thank you...grrrrr!
That was quickly solved, thanks guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make RSS Control remember position and continue upon revisit0