Was djh_ involved with the making of the Voddler skin? It sure looks a lot like Aeon!
Question 

It's a Swedish streaming site that'll launch in '09. It looks like an Aeon clone. Shocked
http://blog.voddler.com/

It will likely be ported to the 360 but i wonder if the UI will look like that on all platforms.
Well that program certainly looks like it's got some aeon tentacles. I wonder how much source code it has managed to borrow from other people.
iirc djh_ once posted something about being involved in a product on which he's under nda - use the search or ask him directly. Could be just a ripoff though... ("borrow" Smile )
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Haggy Wrote:iirc djh_ once posted something about being involved in a product on which he's under nda - use the search or ask him directly. Could be just a ripoff though... ("borrow" Smile )

It would be really awesome if it was djh_ that was at the helm. Big Grin
Nothing to do with me. Plenty to do with Aeon and Media Stream, though, eh?
oops I found some more screens. This looks VERY similar to xbmc...:

After some more googling, it appears obvious that it is built upon xbmc.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
Isn't it any disclaimer to prevent people from taking XBMC material and sell it as a commercial product?

I would recon theres a law of intellectual property even though XBMC is not a patent.

But, for all we know maybe someone in the Aeon project group have sold some ideas or given permission for this.
ASRock ION 330 | Onkyo TX-SR707 | KEF 2005.5 | Samsung LE-40F86 | Harmony 1000 Remote Control | XBMC Media Center Linux Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04
My XBMC Custom Installation script for Linux
They don't sell it as an product. As it is a video-on-demand service you pay for the content and not the means that it is provided to you (ie the client).
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
djh_ Wrote:Nothing to do with me. Plenty to do with Aeon and Media Stream, though, eh?

Bit late to the party I know but.....

My good they did a good job of butchering both didn't they Eek
It's a really cool service though, I'm in the beta and I asked if it would possible to integrate with XBMC in the future and they said it might be done in the future.
Jezz_X Wrote:Bit late to the party I know but.....

My good they did a good job of butchering both didn't they Eek

Bet the xml looks worse.
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
I do work with Voddler and;

Yes, we have built the player with xbmc as a foundation. We have been in contact with xbmc crew regarding this from the beggining.

We have made a lot of changes to it and it does work quite different today since all things are done dynamicly and not within xbmc's databases. We are also working with a lot of other features, and also some bugs within xbmc. We will of cause in total support xbmc and its community and we will release back to the community all benefits that we make.

We have also scanned all mediacenter programs there is, including all major comercial ones and there are only so many ways which you can make a good layout and the best ways are actually also coming from within the xbmc community. Duncan Harris is one hell of a designer and we give him all the credit in the world for his work.

The Voddler design is changing a lot in the coming versions and the ones that are out now will be replaced. They where the first versions. However when you use it you will see that there are quite some differences to other "skins".

We really hope that our work with xbmc code and skins will benefit you, since we do work with it from a comercial standpoint with full time workers.
As far as I understood it, you would be required to release Voddler's source code as xbmc is GPL'd... Better ask somebody better with licenses, though
obviously - we're gpl (and they are aware)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Was djh_ involved with the making of the Voddler skin? It sure looks a lot like Aeon!0