[WINDOWS] Why can I not add plugins to my XBMC for Windows setup?
Question 
Hi there! I wanna add pluging to my XBMC (9.04.1) but the VideoPlugins is not an option when I try to add it to sources

I'm running Windows XP SP3

Any help would be great!
Thanks
Keven
Then you have no video plugins installed.

It'll automatically pop up if you actually have some.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Exclamation 
jmarshall Wrote:Then you have no video plugins installed.

It'll automatically pop up if you actually have some.

I have put the folder containing the "default" file and all other ones into the corresponding folder (../Plugins/Video/).

Do I need to do something more to install them ??
Supercar1000 Wrote:I have put the folder containing the "default" file and all other ones into the corresponding folder (../Plugins/Video/).

Do I need to do something more to install them ??

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_insta...directorie
I've already read that stuff, that's why I'm posting here.. nothing work
Quote: I have put the folder containing the "default" file and all other ones into the corresponding folder (../Plugins/Video/).

What is the full path you are using?
It most likely needs to be in %appdata%/xbmc/plugins/video
If you want to use Program Files/xbmc/plugins/video then you need to append -p to your xbmc shortcut. This should be somewhere in the wiki page regarding windows specific FAQs
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:What is the full path you are using?
It most likely needs to be in %appdata%/xbmc/plugins/video
If you want to use Program Files/xbmc/plugins/video then you need to append -p to your xbmc shortcut. This should be somewhere in the wiki page regarding windows specific FAQs

Ok Now it's working but I need to reset all my Library (Not a prob)

Great Thanks!!!Big Grin I woudn't find that alone!
The link stacked gave you explained all that, please read entire articles when people give them to you.

You don't have to redo your library, just move your entire userdata folder.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
if you are using windows 7 rtm release the -p doesnt seem to work so u have to put the plugins into %appdata%/xbmc/plugins/video to get them to work
Hey guys,

Does this advice apply to scripts too?

I've downloaded the YouTube script and unzipped it, and then placed the 'YouTube' folder inside my C:/Program Files/XBMC/scripts/ folder, but when I go to my 'scripts' section within XBMC, it doesn't detect any scripts. Not even the Apple Movie Trailers one that comes with XBMC.

I've even tried using the file browser within XBMC but it just doesn't recognise the .py file. It just doesn't see anything!

Am I doing something wrong??

P.S. I'm running the latest built on my HTPC using Windows 7.
xbmc.exe -fs -p
BrokenCodes Wrote:xbmc.exe -fs -p

I'm sorry, what?

I'm a n00b, can you please give me a step by step guide? I've tried everything.
dj, when you installed XBMC, did you install using portable mode or default mode? If you installed in default mode, you'll want to put the script in your "appdata" folder. Specifically, in your script folder which may be found here:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\

However, with that said, why not simply use the SVN Repo Installer, which will automatically install Youtube into the correct folder? Check the developer blogs for a walkthrough of the process.

http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2009/07/11/ke...le-stupid/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Why can I not add plugins to my XBMC for Windows setup?0