Video library missing movies..
Question 
hello, ive searched high and low and not had any luck finding anyone with the same issue.. In file view i have 388 movies but then when i switch to library mode, only 351 show up. i have tried deleting the myvideos38.xml file and making a new library, uninstalling/reinstalling xbmc, and anything else i can think of. The library always builds to 351 after each of those attempts. If i search in library mode for the video, say a bug's life, it finds it, but then when i click on it to display the video, it highlights 300, the movie right below where it should be found in the library.. if i go into recently added movies, a bugs life is there but not in the standard library view of movies by title.. so this is the same for some 30 movies of mine and i am stumped. got tired and tried Boxee, but i like xbmc much much more so back to trying to fix this problem. any help would be much appreciated.

gateway m-series
vista home premium service pack 1 32-bit
pentium duo-core 1.5ghz
2gb ddr ram
160gb maxor HD with 53 gb free (all videos stored on NAS device)
probably something you've already tried, but do you have "watched movies" as hidden?
Do not hide watched items and pastebin a full debug log of the initial scan please. Otherwise no one can help you (see my signature on how to report bugs).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Yes I have made sure hide watched is not checked. here is the debug log, it is too big for pastebin so its onfilebin. --> http://filebin.ca/rracrh/xbmc.log
It's the themoviedb.org api not returning search results due to wrong search terms or simply not having info on for that flick (especially on live music stuff). There's nothing we can do about, but you could try to change the scraper to imdb and run a search for new content again.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
while that is true for maybe 10 movies (live performances ect..) that is not all of the missing movies. Most of them are major motion pictures, such as A Bug's Life, because I used that as an example earlier. It scrapes fine, has box art, fan art, and movie information. I can view all of that in file view, but as soon as I go to library view, it is not there.. it is strange.. some of the movies in the 25 Recently Added part of the library do not show up in the library when I view by movie titles...? So yes I know there are some videos which are not scraping, but there are many which scrape info just fine but dont show up in the video library
***bump*** any suggestions?? Undecided
I really have no idea, but I would try this:
Backup the video db file and delete it.
Rescan all with the imdb scraper and see if the results are any better.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
is that the "myvideos34" file? yea ive tried that several times Undecided
Well I don't see a log using imdb.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
the issues not that the videos aren't scraping correctly. All the movies, such as A Bug's Life, which aren't located in the video library DO have all the information/fanart/cover art scrapped correctly.. So I'm pretty sure it is not an issue with scrapers
Provide your database for someone else to verify.

here is the exported videodb file --> http://filebin.ca/gdmvw/videodb.xml the issue seems to solely be with the "titles" view in the video library. I can find the movies in library mode in the other views, such as genre or year. but in titles it stays constant with the 351 movies even if I add more..
I'd really prefer your db file itself not the export (feel free to PM me a link if you don't wish others to see it).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Could it be that some of your movies are stacked ? ie American Gangster cd1 / cd2 etc Huh?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video library missing movies..0