Video library missing movies..
no worries, Ive got nothing to hide hah. heres the myVideos34.db link--> http://filebin.ca/wyusw/MyVideos34.db

No its not that they are stacked. I have narrowed it down to simply the view my Titles. For whatever reason there are about 50 movies (originally 30+ but now 50 because I have since added 20 more movies) which dont show up in the video library when viewing my title. If i use Genre or Year or any other category I can find all of them. I have been using A Bug's Life simply because it is the same for this movie as well as the other 50 - a single AVI file which has full information and art correctly scrapped. So in library mode, if I view by title, A Bug's Life simply is not there. If I search for it, it comes up. If I view my Genre and go to Computer Animation, A Bug's Life is there. Same if I go to its date, I think its 2002 or something. A Bug's Life is there, with full information, cover art, and fan art. Im stumped, so thank you to all who have given it some thought.
A Bug's Life shows up just fine here, with a total listing of 385 movies.

A debug log while navigating into the video titles list and back out of it, then back into it again might be useful.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok heres the debug log of loading xbmc -> videos -> movies -> title <- movies -> title

http://pastebin.ca/1525815

thanks for the help. weird that it came up correctly for you? Undecided
You have a rogue cache. No idea why as yet.

Please take a look in

C:\Users\Legaré\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache

And take a full backup of that folder and any subfolders.

You may then clear it out, and your problem should be solved.

Please confirm. If so, we'll need to take a look at why it's doing it, so please keep hold of that backup!

Thanks,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

392 in the library! yess! wow thank you so much! XBMC rules and am very happy its running perfectly now. Thank you so so much!
Right. Now to find out why it wasn't being cleared.

Mind zipping that stuff up for me?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Not jacking this thread but I have a related questions. I have a feeling that XBMC isnt showing all my movies in my library. Is there a way I can toggle total number of movies to show somewhere?
alright here's the zip you requested --> http://filebin.ca/bejrtd
so yes while the library did update correctly , it still will not update to any new movies I add. so Im guessing while deleting the cache is a temporary fix, I will have to continue doing this every time I add a video until we figure out why this is happening. Thank you again for your help.
Correct. As a guess it may be because your windows profile name contains a "special" character. It may be a bit of a pain for you to test that theory out though?

Cheers,
Jonathan

I am also having this problem with both movies and tv series in library mode. After the content scanning is done I just can't get all movies or series to show, even after clearing the cache as suggested. Any suggestions?
Edit: My windows profile name is "Administratör" so it contains one "special" character being "ö".
Hi!
Im new to xbmc so be patient whit me, but I have the same problem as big mousey and qrist.

Ive trying to get all of my movies to show up in the libary but only five or six movies are showing up out of 31.

I have tryded out the proposals u gave big mousey whit no luck, so i post my log and hope some one can help me

http://pastebin.com/m787f6ed6

Thx in a advance Smile
ok some progress. Wen i unpack the rar movies they scans corectly and shows up in the libaryHuh the od thing is that all movies ar scene rel. and on my brothers htpc it works flawlesly. ok seems i have a bit work up a hed to unpack all movies
I have tried jmarshalls suggestion of a windows profile name without any special characters and that didn't solve the problem either.
zoolger Wrote:ok some progress. Wen i unpack the rar movies they scans corectly and shows up in the libaryHuh the od thing is that all movies ar scene rel. and on my brothers htpc it works flawlesly. ok seems i have a bit work up a hed to unpack all movies

Hi,

I have had the same problem on some movies. The problem for me was that all movies that failed was divided into 2 avi files, with incorrect naming ("_a" and "_b" instead of "_CD1" and "_CD2") of the video files. To correct it, the movies had to be unpacked and renamed.
But this does not seem to be the problem for you since unpacking solves your problem. One more question... If I am not wrong, XBMC scans packed files that contains only one file. Does your packed movie files contain one (the movie) file or several (movie + subs etc)?

/PolliSoft
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
Yupp my movies contains only one file for ex (name.iso)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video library missing movies..0