Video library missing movies..
i hade som problems whit the rar movies that wouldent scrap so i unrar alla of my files and just put inte iso in the folder insted and evrething workt,

but because every scene rel. is in rar so i did like this insted. I moved trough the rar archive in xbmc so i saw the iso file and srapt the movie from there and it workt.

I hope this helps for somone
Enabled transparent archives?

Btw, thank god XBMC does not scrap our movies/files ! Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Should I upload my log file? Cause I'm still having the same issues.
I've had this same issue with XBMC forever. I've done everything suggested in this thread and nothing works. I'm actually having trouble getting ANY movie to show up in library mode without manually adding them.

I've removed my Source. Quit XBMC. Cleared all db's and cache (that I can find). Re-open XBMC and add source. Set content of source and set it to do initial scan. Nothing happens. At this point the Movies section doesn't appear in the home screen area. I go back to videos and start manually refreshing the movie info (which is stored locally in each movie directory). For every movie I do this to, it shows up in the Movies section. I've then tried doing an "Update Library" while in the movies and again, nothing happens. It begins the process, but updates/downloads nothing.

Just in case more info will help, the reason I bump into this a lot is because I have 2 machines running XBMC and have had the same problem on both. I also have installed this many times to play around with the dx version. Also, I moved all my movies to a bigger NAS and fixed the Movies source which didn't help at all.

Any ideas? Please let me know what I should do during a debug to show the possible problem (any specific actions).

P.S. Thanks to the devs for all the work and help. XBMC really is a great app. And I'm not just saying that to butter up the devs to help me Wink
I'm having a similar problem.

I used Media Companion to scrape for all my TV shows and movies and that was fine. Then I scanned for new content on my xbmc and it found all my TV shows but only found three movies. Those three are movies I have ripped from DVD so it's the raw DVD files not avis, the rest are all avis and it doesn't find them in the library but they all show up with images and everything when I use file browsing mode on XBMC.

I've already tried deleting my myvideos34.db file and it worked in resetting everything but still didn't find my movies. Any tips? What files would you guys like to see?
Did anyone ever find a solution to the problem of files missing only in library mode?
The reason for missing "files" in video library is quite simple: The scraper missed to lookup the movie properly. Please start a new thread instead of bumping old ones.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Actually my problem was basically user error. While "setting content" I had the option set that says there's only one movie in this folder. I have a folder for each movie and assumed it meant there was one movie in each subfolder.
Old thred bump:

Just noticed that i have the same issue in the new xbmc as well.
Is there any fix for this? all crpaers seems to be unavailable as well
ehrnst Wrote:Old thred bump:

Just noticed that i have the same issue in the new xbmc as well.
Is there any fix for this? all crpaers seems to be unavailable as well

Don't use the last SVN:
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2010/03/01/impend...ge-addons/
I've had the same problem as described by big mousy - Some movies were missing from the Titles view. Also, it would not mark movies and episodes as watched.

The Windows profile name was non-English. I removed that user account and opened a new Windows user account, this time with a name having only English letters - Problem solved!

Thanks to everyone, and especially Jonathan!

L.
I noticed that I get different number of missing movies in library mode with different skins. Night skin gave more missing movies than mq3 for instance.
I am having a similar problem. The video files are displaying in the "Files" but not in the "Library" for more than a handful. The 'TV shows' are even worse... most don't get brought into the library. (I am using the stable release).
Star 
I've had this issue on and off... it's always turns out to be an issue with the title... sometimes it's a comma, (A Bugs Life) or foreign character, or even a non standard file inside the folder that is causing the hick-up. Occasionally the folder hasn't a properly set-scraper or none. Then there's folders with no video and nested files within; that the scraper misses.

TV show material comes form the TVDB and it's picky about the naming convention... http://thetvdb.com/?tab=advancedsearch so do a search and you find the correct naming.
I've read the forums and did some investigating of my own and found the following to correct the issue of missing movie files but may be a challenge for those of us with huge personal media libraries (NAS-network attached system).

To maximize easy transfer and scrapes of your movies into XBMC or KODI, verify the following:

1. There is no spell check when saving movies to your hard drive of NAS, so compare your save movie titles to IMDb, Wiki or other movie source for the correct title usage. I've found the use of numeric vs roman numerals, punctuations of hyphens, apostrophes and commas sometime make a big difference.

2. Should you include the (year) as part of your title, verify the correct year as some foreign release are different from the year release in USA. Although the year is optional, it help differentiate movies with multiple reboots (i.e. Godzilla the span from 1954 to present or The Planet of the Apes, etc)

3. Be sure there are no punctuations are used at the end of a title that don't have one. Exceptions (UP!, Fire Up! vs FRANK or Grease), but check IMDb or other source to compare.

4. Lastly, should you have subtitles for foreign films, either in a separate folder or next to the actual movie file - the titles must match to ensure proper integration when viewing your movie.

This may be common sense or a no brain'er to some, and a pain in the rear to others. However, with a home media collection over 3 thousand and growing my task was daunting. Especially when 865 movies didn't show up in my KODI Library and there was a special request to view a classic it was frustrating to say the least.

After two weeks of work later and ALL of my movies of every genre are found and my KODI no longer have COOTIES Angel Now I take in-home movie requests as usual with flawless presentation.

Attention to detail now and you too will have a cootie-free KODI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video library missing movies..0