flickering line and thumbnail questions
I have two problems/questions I hope to be solved.
How do you force an update for the folder.jpg thumbnails? I use the folder.jpg in movie folders for a thumbnail, that works great but if you change the image XBMC itself still uses the cached image. So how do you force XBMC to check for a new updated image? I now delete the complete thumbnail cache in the documents and settings folder (that works) but is not very user friendly :p

2nd problem:
With some movies I see a flickering line at the bottom the of the movie (on top of black banner).
To illustrate:
The white stuff is the movie (playing) the black the background (with widescreen movies) and the red line the flickering line.
It doesn't happen with all movies, sometimes it's just at the beginning of the movie but sometimes it's every sec of the film and it's very annoying.

I use Windows XP SP2 (without internet) and a Samsung TV (VGA port). The version of XBMC is 9.04.1 Repack 2.

I hope you guys can help me. It really is a cool program Wink
For the first question simply press 'i' to bring up the movie info and select Refresh/Reload.
I don't see reload. If I press i I can change the name of the movie but can't chose reload.
The computer is not connected to the internet, so I don't need to reload the thumbnail from the internet. I want to use the folder.jpg in the folder as thumbnail so:
+root
-+movie name
---movie name.avi
---movie name.srt
---folder.jpg

If I already have a folder.jpg but I want to update that file (with a new image) how do you refresh that.

Thx in advanced
so you're pressing "i" and going to Movie Information and you don't see the "Refresh" button? It sounds like you were choosing "Edit Title" rather than "Movie Information."

You should see "Cast", "Play", and then "Refresh." You could also choose "Get Thumb" and select the folder.jpg which should show as Local Thumb and would be easier than wiping your database.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
I see this screen:
pic 1
and I press i. Then I get this screen
pic 2
When I press ENTER I get a 'Querying' message for just a brief second, and then it returns to pic 2 (I have to press ESC to get rid of the message).

I really don't see anything that looks like refresh.

The computer is NOT CONNECTED to the internet. I think the Querying message wants to check something from the internet.

I think the if you press i he want to check the internet for the name, but because he doesn't have internet he thinks the title is spelled wrong and wants me to correct it. If I press ENTER he checks again but still doesn't get any response because the computer is not connected to the internet.

Update: I was right... I connected the computer to the internet and now I see the dialog. So this 'problem' is a bug/feature request

Anybody that had an idea for my 2nd problem (the flickering 'line'). This annoys me the most Undecided
I`m having the same problem with about 10-12 or my movie files, when I play them in quicktime or vlc on my pc they play fine but when played using xbmc the bottom line of the image above the black letterbox bar is really bright.
Ok I`ve narrowed it down, it only happens when I set the video renderer to VDPAU. If I set it to software it displays ok but that defeats the point of hardware acceleration.
roidy,

Your issue is different. Original poster is using Windows and not Linux.

Please start a new thread with the required information (please read the sticky on how to post in a useful manner).
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Nobody for my other problem?
I'll be happy to explain more if it's necessary.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
flickering line and thumbnail questions0