Need PM3 to run Aeon?
Hi all.
Yesterday I removed PM3, since I'm running Aeon anyway and it's just taking up space on my tiny disk. Today my xbmc didn't start. The last line in the log was...

Quote:INFO: The above skin isn't suitable - checking the version of the default: PM3.HD

...and after that xbmc just crashed. Reinstalling the PM3-hd-package made everything work like a charm again. Version of both Aeon and PM3-hd is (according to the skin.xml) 2.11. Does this mean that xbmc needs PM3-hd to be installed just to compare the version of it to the version of Aeon?

This is on xbmc svn 21936 (latest ppa) on a Ubuntu Jaunty system.

/Daniel
File a trac ticket please. That isn't right.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
You should keep PM3.HD anyway. It's good to KNOW there's one good skin in case you screw up installing another. It's only 13MB so you'll only gain ~3 mp3s worth of space anyway. If you're that concerned, you should check the size of aeon :o
fixed in r22047
althekiller Wrote:You should keep PM3.HD anyway. It's good to KNOW there's one good skin in case you screw up installing another. It's only 13MB so you'll only gain ~3 mp3s worth of space anyway. If you're that concerned, you should check the size of aeon :o

I'm booting my xbmc computer from a 4GB flash card (don't want any noisy moving parts in it) so I'm doing my best to keep disk usage down. And I can always install PM3.HD when I screw my Aeon up Rolleyes

/Daniel
althekiller Wrote:fixed in r22047

Thanks mate!

/Daniel
Its still good to keep it around for technical reasons anyway if by any chance anything stuffs up in the skin you use then it will fallback to loading pm3.hd and still allow operation on xbmc until you fix it. Like switching back to AEON again once it gets fixed
Jezz_X Wrote:Its still good to keep it around for technical reasons anyway if by any chance anything stuffs up in the skin you use then it will fallback to loading pm3.hd and still allow operation on xbmc until you fix it. Like switching back to AEON again once it gets fixed

As I said above I don't really see the problem in installing PM3.HD when I screw things up...

/Daniel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need PM3 to run Aeon?0