junk Wrote:Really great script, exactly what I've been looking for!! Great work!
1) As opensubtitles.org is (as already mentioned) a bit slow, and sometimes does not respond to request, maybe you could add reconnect attempts? Like, "Failed to connect, retrying... (1/3)", then "(2/3)", "(3/3)" and then fail?
2) Some kind of language filter would be great. For example, I'm interested in Swedish subtitles (and perhaps English). When I search for subtitles, all kinds of languages are returned, and I have to scroll down the list to find the Swedish subtitles. Would it be possible to have some configuration file where i could write like:
And that would make the search return only Swedish and English subtitles. What do you think?
Glad you find the script useful and that you like it.
the problem with opensubtitles website is that it only returns 40 results.
if we search for "all" languages it returns mixed results.
what I am playing around with is
1. Script will check localization of your skin
2. search and download "all" language subs
3. search and download localized language subs
4. merge them
That will work only if you have changed language settings on your skin, and I am not sure how many people use localized skin. I dont
, but I would still like to see Serbian and English subtitles only
I wouldn't like to "manually" edit preferred languages, I would like to create some kind of settings menu that you can run from scripts menu and set the options. There is a settings.xml that gets called from plugin settings page, but I am nit sure if that is doable on scripts.
This is still work in progress and any sugestions are welcome.