Hide Watched Option
Star 
MOD edit: moved to separate thread

Ronie, is it possible to have a separate "hide watched" for TV and Movies? Or is this a limitation of xbmc? It'd be great to be able to hide watched movies only and still have watched TV visible with the flags.
kayex Wrote:Ronie, is it possible to have a separate "hide watched" for TV and Movies? Or is this a limitation of xbmc? It'd be great to be able to hide watched movies only and still have watched TV visible with the flags.

in the next release you'll have separate options to enable/disable the watched flags for movies, tv shows and music videos.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Excellent news. Just when I thought your skin couldn't get any better Wink You're doing great work with it!
ronie Wrote:in the next release you'll have separate options to enable/disable the watched flags for movies, tv shows and music videos.
Hey Ronie, I misread what you wrote previously. What I was actually meant to ask was is there a way to use separate the "hide watched" settings for TV and Movies? I like to always show my watched TV episodes, but hide watched movies. There are a few posts about this feature request floating around and someone mentioned to me another skin supported this. I was curious if it was skin or xbmc functionality - if skin, would it be a possibility to implement this? Thanks again.
kayex Wrote:Hey Ronie, I misread what you wrote previously. What I was actually meant to ask was is there a way to use separate the "hide watched" settings for TV and Movies? I like to always show my watched TV episodes, but hide watched movies. There are a few posts about this feature request floating around and someone mentioned to me another skin supported this. I was curious if it was skin or xbmc functionality - if skin, would it be a possibility to implement this? Thanks again.

oh...i thought you were talking about the 'mark as watched' icons.

i didn't even know you could hide watched movies and episodes.
where can i find this setting?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
and i use this feature alot also...not so much for tv shows but on a daily basis for movies...cause i have tons of them and scrolling through the entire list is painful at best Sad
Vampirebat Wrote:Image
and i use this feature alot also...not so much for tv shows but on a daily basis for movies...cause i have tons of them and scrolling through the entire list is painful at best Sad

lol, thanx! i'd checked settings, advanced settings and the context menu, but couldn't find it.
never occurred to me it was right there on the side menu. :-)

btw. why do you have a black background in the screenshot?
when the 'up' icon is focused, it's supposed to show the default movie backdrop.
is it something i should fix?

anyway, as far as i know this option still applies to movies and episodes at the same time.
i don't think there's anything i can do in the skin to change the behaviour.
Hey Ronie, someone mentioned in another thread of mine that Hitcher was able to do the separation of TV/Video watched status in his latest Aeon mod. Perhaps it is possible through the skin? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56963
i guess that person was clearly mistaken.
it's a xbmc feature, not a skin feature.
ronie Wrote:btw. why do you have a black background in the screenshot?
when the 'up' icon is focused, it's supposed to show the default movie backdrop.
is it something i should fix?

its not 2.0 for one its on a machine that i don't use for my media PC i just opened it up on that pc to take the screenie to post and the background does load it just hadn't loaded yet when i took the screen shot cause i did it too fast Smile
rest easy all is well with "your precious"
Vampirebat Wrote:its not 2.0 for one its on a machine that i don't use for my media PC i just opened it up on that pc to take the screenie to post and the background does load it just hadn't loaded yet when i took the screen shot cause i did it too fast Smile
rest easy all is well with "your precious"

lol, cheers. now i can finally get a good nights sleep. ;-)
I'm using one of the latest SVN versions and I am missing the Hide Watched option.

Is it normal?
ashlar Wrote:I'm using one of the latest SVN versions and I am missing the Hide Watched option.

Is it normal?

it's on the left side menu, there's a button allowing you to toggle
between 'all videos', 'watched' and 'unwatched'.
Hide watched in the latest builds do work independently of each other in TV and Movies if you check Confluence your see
ronie Wrote:it's on the left side menu, there's a button allowing you to toggle
between 'all videos', 'watched' and 'unwatched'.
I'll double check tonight. I looked for it there and didn't see it... Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide Watched Option0