White screen when playing a video
OK, it is me again. I don't know if this is a bug in the xbmc live SVN that I'm running or an issue with the skin but I didn't seem to get this when using mediastream_redux.

When I start a video, and I try to bring up the info or menu windows within the first few seconds of the video playing, the screen turns all white.

Has this been noticed before? If not I can do some more troubleshooting and provide more info.
gabbott Wrote:OK, it is me again. I don't know if this is a bug in the xbmc live SVN that I'm running or an issue with the skin but I didn't seem to get this when using mediastream_redux.

When I start a video, and I try to bring up the info or menu windows within the first few seconds of the video playing, the screen turns all white.

Has this been noticed before?

nope, you're the first.

gabbott Wrote:If not I can do some more troubleshooting and provide more info.

please do, i would need a Debug Log the begin with. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:nope, you're the first.

please do, i would need a Debug Log the begin with. ;-)

OK, I just tested and it definitely does not do it with either the PM3.HD or mediastream_redux skins. When I get some more time later today I'll pull together some info.
I am experiencing the same behaviour whenever I play a 1080 HD mmovie and pop the menu to add subtitles or click the info menu
MeqTrader Wrote:I am experiencing the same behaviour whenever I play a 1080 HD mmovie and pop the menu to add subtitles or click the info menu

cheers for the report, now gabbott doesn't have to feel alone anymore. ;-)

just in case anyone is expecting me to fix it (that is, if i can), i certainly won't be able to do it without a Debug Log.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I am also having a white screen problem.
here is a pastebin: http://pastebin.com/m5aa524d8
The white screen appears 2 seconds into now playing and visualization screen when playing music with fanart. When starting to play, the correct fanart is displayed for 2 seconds, and then the screen turns white. Sounds like my problem is related to the subject of this post.
thomash72 Wrote:I am also having a white screen problem.
here is a pastebin: http://pastebin.com/m5aa524d8
The white screen appears 2 seconds into now playing and visualization screen when playing music with fanart. When starting to play, the correct fanart is displayed for 2 seconds, and then the screen turns white. Sounds like my problem is related to the subject of this post.

thanx i will look into it some more BUT you're using r22743
in case you haven't heard, everything above r22528 is considered highly unstable:
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2009/08/31/follow-up-breakage/
Thanx I know - so I suspect these problems are SVN related, and not a problem with your amazing skin. Just thought I'd pop up a log since the topic was white screen and this was exactly what I was experiencing with the latest svn from PPA.Wink
I'm also seeing the same with SVN22278 with any resolution (tested with 480,720,1080) file in a mkv container.
http://pastebin.com/m5834db9b

Whilst testing I've found that if I load straight into Transparency! I get the white screen when playing .mkv files and calling up the info overlay. However, If I switch to PM3.HD I don't get the white screen when calling up the info overlay. If I then switch back to Transparency in the same session and play a .mkv file I can call up the info overlay without the white screen.

Let me know if you want a log of this.
Freek Wrote:I'm also seeing the same with SVN22278 with any resolution (tested with 480,720,1080) file in a mkv container.
http://pastebin.com/m5834db9b

Whilst testing I've found that if I load straight into Transparency! I get the white screen when playing .mkv files and calling up the info overlay. However, If I switch to PM3.HD I don't get the white screen when calling up the info overlay. If I then switch back to Transparency in the same session and play a .mkv file I can call up the info overlay without the white screen.

Let me know if you want a log of this.

thanx a bunch!
i was able to reproduce it.

guess i've got some troubleshooting to do. i'll keep you guys posted.

edit (notes to myself):
- the error is not present in Transparency! v1.00
- the error only occurs if VDPAU is enbled
- the error is triggered by the system time label on the menu/info window.....weird.
- looks like i fixed it by making some changes to Home.xml.....still weird.
For what it's worth the same issue happens with r22528 (last stable build before the merge).
cheers, keep an eye on my previous post.
i'll update things there with whatever i find out.
The I downgraded to r22528, my problem went a away, so the debug log I submitted can be disregarded - mine was SVN related. Thanks!
Ronie, I see it is reproducible for others now. Sorry, it is the last weekend before the kids go to school so I've yet to have any time to further troubleshoot on my end. Let me know if you need any further info/debugs or anything.
thomash72 Wrote:The I downgraded to r22528, my problem went a away, so the debug log I submitted can be disregarded - mine was SVN related. Thanks!

thanx for letting me know!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
White screen when playing a video0