VDPAU HQ Upscaling
Sorry to bump this old thread, but... is VDPAU HQ upscaling done automatically if you have a feature-set C card? Or does it need to be enabled, like by adding a setting to advancedsettings.xml? (If so, what change do I need to make?)
ignore, wrong end of stick scenario
blandoon Wrote:Sorry to bump this old thread, but... is VDPAU HQ upscaling done automatically if you have a feature-set C card? Or does it need to be enabled, like by adding a setting to advancedsettings.xml? (If so, what change do I need to make?)

I'm interested too. HD looks great and if there's anything I can do to improve SD I'd like to know.
remember VDPAU does not apply to MPEG2 so no SD DVD upscaling using the featureset C card Sad
There is software upscaling which works very well.
Take a look here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=461...stcount=11
if you have the rendering set to VDPAU in the settings menu

and you have advancedsettings set to use Lanczos, does it actually get used when XBMC reverts to software decoding for SD MPEG2 ? IE you don't have to have software decoding set to be used all the time ?
Thanks. I've opened a thread to avoid taking this one OT.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65544
Buckster Wrote:remember VDPAU does not apply to MPEG2 so no SD DVD upscaling using the featureset C card Sad

VDPAU does do MPEG2 but motd2k refuses to add support for it to XBMC.
Rolleyes
Question 
johnny2 Wrote:VDPAU does do MPEG2 but motd2k refuses to add support for it to XBMC.

I don't understand. VDPAU on my 1080i MPEG2 works fine in 'Camelot'. Are you talking about SD MPEG2 @ VDPAU?

Cheers,
Kermee
Is the new Broadcom Crystal HD better/the same/ or worse than VDPAU for SD DVD MPEG2?
johnny2 Wrote:VDPAU does do MPEG2 but motd2k refuses to add support for it to XBMC.
I can assure you it's far more complicated than that.
bobo1on1 Wrote:I can assure you it's far more complicated than that.

How so? Are there other technical issues?

Nvidia claims that the feature set C cards will do 100% acceleration of MPEG-2.

I guess all I was asking was this: what setting should I use so that XBMC will use the VDPAU hardware upscaling for everything where it is currently technically possible, and software upscaling for everything else?
blandoon Wrote:How so? Are there other technical issues?
Yes.
So is there a timeline to address it or is the focus moving to the Crystal HD?

Does the Crystal HD do this "out of the box"?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDPAU HQ Upscaling0