naviiOne - a new skin in development - very early development
I just opened up photoshop to create a background for this theme to stop the screen burning that everyone was talking about. I was thinking along the lines of something pixelated with a grid dropped over the top .

One hour later I got a bit carried away, I'm no skinner, so half of this probably isn't even possible. Anyway this is pretty different for what you have going on here but might be able to provide some inspiration. If you want the photoshop file or anything let me know.

medicineuk,

I love some of the ideas you have used here. Actually, everything you did is easily possible. PM on the way.
Looking good so far guys, keep it up Big Grin I like the calender idea and the wii inspiration.
Sorry, I somehow prefer the first design :/
Nmarconi,

I am with you on "no fanart" idea. Add me to the minority of people that dont like the idea of mediacenters turning into "background browsers".

Good job.
I too agree. Perhaps we're not as small a minority as we had thought.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
natew Wrote:I too agree. Perhaps we're not as small a minority as we had thought.

Me too. I just want a cool design, something pleasing to the eyes. Audio info, res and studio tags don't do much for me. But to each his own.

This skin looks great. I guess the only thing I see lacking is movie poster thumbs?
mfwilli Wrote:I guess the only thing I see lacking is movie poster thumbs?

Oh yeah, the 2 screen shots are just examples. There will be lots of different "right side panels" with info and art. The list will always be on the left, and the art/info panel always on the right. There will be panels designed for poster shaped art too. There will be panels that include the new media tags, and ones that don't ect.

I am still thinking about Music - i might have a slight variation on this for music (list still on left) - but i am leaning towards a winamp style layout on the right side that always displays now playing and qued up songs in a list. To be honest, i dont use music on xbmc much - but i think this would be possible (somehow related to party mode). Not sure, but I'll keep you posted and am interested in anyone's ideas concerning the music layout.
Also, i used some of the ideas from medicineuk's mockup. I have altered the home screen icon labels slightly (the labels are now more narrow and slightly beveled). Still deciding if there will be transparency differences to help the currently selected item stand out, or if i will rely on some sort of repeating animation like a slow bounce or heartbeat. I also updated the logo slightly (now 2 tone), and used mediceneuk's idea of enlarging and overlapping the calendar. All in all, i must say it seems to be coming together.

Also, I will definitely be offering several themes (marine blue, green, and orange as of now) and several background options.
I forgot about this, stumble back onto it while looking at different mockups for inspiration. Still working on it?, any progress/updates/screenshots?
I bought a new house, so it has been put on hold. I have however completed coding the home page and tv section. I will post screenshots soon. I will probably get back to coding this in early 2010 - it shouldnt take too long to code since i am not offering lots of different views.
any news on this skin?
just discover it and seems to be dead for a while but we never know....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Looks good is this coded Mcborzu??
ouch!
really nice!
do you intend to release it? are they mock up?
anyway it's really top class!
I hope we get news really soon!
cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
naviiOne - a new skin in development - very early development0