suspend on ram on zotac ion new revision
Have XBMC Linux on Zotac ION A (the new revision that supports suspend on ram). Just still cannot understand how to make suspend on ram work with power button on remote control. I can turn the computer on by pushing the power button on the remote but cannot turn it off i.e make it suspend. It just does not react to remote control power button. Should I do make some additional settings in XBMC or Ubuntu? S3 is on in bios.
What does it do when you press the power button? Have you setup the power button to suspend in remote.xml? Or you can set the power button to power off and set the activity in XBMC to suspend if the power button is pressed.

If you get it working 100% please let me know. My problem is I press the power button on the remote and it suspends correctly, press the power button on the remote again and it resumes correctly. However, I press the power button again on the remote and it suspends but immediately resumes. If I reboot it works the first time again, but the second time resumes instantly.
flighttothemoon - I dont know what the issue is exactly, with mine, I just went to System Settings and set the shutdown funtion to Suspend, and I can suspend mine with the remote.

nugentgl - I had to edit the grub menu file and add "usbcore.autosuspend=-1" to the end of the first 'kernel' line...

ex.

title XBMCLive
kernel /vmlinuz... usbcore.autosuspend=-1

So, either get into a terminal screen (CTRL+ALT+F2) or through putty.exe...
Code:
sudo nano /boot/grub/menu.lst
then add the necessary "usbcore.autosuspend=-1" to the end of the 'kernel' line and reboot.
nugentgl Wrote:What does it do when you press the power button? Have you setup the power button to suspend in remote.xml? Or you can set the power button to power off and set the activity in XBMC to suspend if the power button is pressed.

If you get it working 100% please let me know. My problem is I press the power button on the remote and it suspends correctly, press the power button on the remote again and it resumes correctly. However, I press the power button again on the remote and it suspends but immediately resumes. If I reboot it works the first time again, but the second time resumes instantly.

When I am not in XBMC, just in ubuntu, and push the power button on remote control, my computer suspends, i guess (screen goes dark, computer turns off), and when I push the remote's power button again, the computer turns on, but screen continues being dark, and I cannot connect to it over ssh (using putty), the same happens when I push power button on the case of the computer.
I did not touch the file remote.xml. Can it help?
In ubuntu, in power management section, I set the following settings:
when the power button is pressed - suspend
when the suspend button is pressed - suspend
I set them both as "suspend" because I have only one button on the mainboard (Am i wrong?)

When I am in XBMC, the computer does not react when i press the power button on the remote. Settings in XBMC:
Shutdown function - Shutdown
Power Button action - Suspend
koadic Wrote:So, either get into a terminal screen (CTRL+ALT+F2) or through putty.exe...
Code:
then add the necessary "usbcore.autosuspend=-1" to the end of the 'kernel' line and reboot.

I'm trying to do this but can't see this file, I've double checked that i'm using grub, any ideas?
koadic Wrote:flighttothemoon - I dont know what the issue is exactly, with mine, I just went to System Settings and set the shutdown funtion to Suspend, and I can suspend mine with the remote.

nugentgl - I had to edit the grub menu file and add "usbcore.autosuspend=-1" to the end of the first 'kernel' line...

ex.

title XBMCLive
kernel /vmlinuz... usbcore.autosuspend=-1

So, either get into a terminal screen (CTRL+ALT+F2) or through putty.exe...
Code:

Yep, already tried that it presented another problem. After I add usbcore.autosuspend=-1 to grub and reboot this is what happens:

1. Press power button on remote, system suspends correctly.
2. Press power button on remote, system tries to resume (power LED lights, cpu fan spins), but then stops resume function and stays in suspend.
3. If I press case power button, it will resume correctly.

Clues?
flighttothemoon Wrote:When I am not in XBMC, just in ubuntu, and push the power button on remote control, my computer suspends, i guess (screen goes dark, computer turns off), and when I push the remote's power button again, the computer turns on, but screen continues being dark, and I cannot connect to it over ssh (using putty), the same happens when I push power button on the case of the computer.
I did not touch the file remote.xml. Can it help?
In ubuntu, in power management section, I set the following settings:
when the power button is pressed - suspend
when the suspend button is pressed - suspend
I set them both as "suspend" because I have only one button on the mainboard (Am i wrong?)

When I am in XBMC, the computer does not react when i press the power button on the remote. Settings in XBMC:
Shutdown function - Shutdown
Power Button action - Suspend

Not sure why you are getting a dark screen during resume, but I do vaguely remember reading about something similar trying to fix my suspend/resume problems. Have you tried searching at ubuntuforums?

Make sure you have your button assigned to shutdown in your remote.xml file and then when you press the power button it will suspend or shutdown depending on how you set it up in XBMC.
nugentgl Wrote:Not sure why you are getting a dark screen during resume, but I do vaguely remember reading about something similar trying to fix my suspend/resume problems. Have you tried searching at ubuntuforums?

Make sure you have your button assigned to shutdown in your remote.xml file and then when you press the power button it will suspend or shutdown depending on how you set it up in XBMC.
Thanks. Will look at remote.xml tonight.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
suspend on ram on zotac ion new revision0