Integration of 2d-3d video convertor
Lightbulb 
Hi,

I recently found this: http://3dfier.blogspot.com/ and tried it out and it works very well.
Maybe it's possible to integrate this in XBMC now we have a directx version for windows?
Would be nice to have a switch in XBMC to enable/disable 3d!

thx
repeat after me;

directx != directshow

now write that on a blackboard bart simpson style until it sticks
at least look at the concept
i have absolutely no interest in directshow. it's not available for my os.
And any 2D to 3D convertion is extremely unlikely, I would guess at atleast 99% will fight to the death not to include it in core.

However that does not necessarily rule out already made 3D moves, which are saved as 3D in the container to be at some point have support for the core to render them as 3D, using the stereoscope capabilities of OpenGL and such. I would guess that it won't be extremely likely either to be included but then it's almost no code bloating to include it so it might be made possible if the patch is clean.

However any conversion really doesn't fit the profile of a HTPC software. If you want this either make a patch for directshow usage or use an HTPC app which uses DShow already, Media Portal or MCE comes to mind.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
spiff Wrote:i have absolutely no interest in directshow. it's not available for my os.

not grumpy, just shortsighted.. totally missed the point. Topfs2 does!
topfs2 Wrote:And any 2D to 3D convertion is extremely unlikely, I would guess at atleast 99% will fight to the death not to include it in core.

However that does not necessarily rule out already made 3D moves, which are saved as 3D in the container to be at some point have support for the core to render them as 3D, using the stereoscope capabilities of OpenGL and such. I would guess that it won't be extremely likely either to be included but then it's almost no code bloating to include it so it might be made possible if the patch is clean.

However any conversion really doesn't fit the profile of a HTPC software. If you want this either make a patch for directshow usage or use an HTPC app which uses DShow already, Media Portal or MCE comes to mind.

Clear! Though I must say I envisioned this as an option only. So I doubt I would have given it an option to be a core functionality.
For now it's a gimmick for most of it anyway (though 3d television sets are being released more frequently lately).. so I'll wait and see where this goes.

Thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integration of 2d-3d video convertor0