Streaming to Classic Xbox help please
The link is valid. There are access denied errors. You could try to remove the share on your computer and then re-enable sharing. Sometimes I have to do this for content that has been recently added to my computer since the last time I shared with my xbox. I would be able to see the newer video files, but selecting them would do nothing. A simple disable and re-enable the share would allow me to play the files. You should give that a try.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
It works for me now too. It didn't work the first time I clicked it, it just came up with a blank page.

What I'm talking about is using hidden accounts. They exist, but you never have to deal with them unless you're logging in for the first time over a network. I'm not sure about windows XP64, but I know that windows Vista absoloutely requires passwords or the ANNONYMOUS LOGON account to be created. For XBMC, you can set a default file sharing name and password in network settings, then create an identical account on the computer, then hide the XBMC new user account so you don't ever have to look at it again.

Since you're using XP, have you enabled your guest account? That tripped me up a while back. Here's what I know about file sharing for XP without a password: The host computer has to have the guest account enabled. Host computer has to have file and print sharing network service installed. Host has to have file sharing enabled. The host has to have the folder shared on the network. The host has to have windows file sharing enabled on the firewall or the firewall disabled. The client has to have firewall set appropriately and file sharing installed.
Quote:2:15:23 M: 34725888 ERROR: CMPlayer::OpenFile smb://BLACKBEAUTY2/My Videos/16 Blocks.avi failed with code 0
22:15:23 M: 34725888 NOTICE: CMPlayer::CloseFile()
22:15:23 M: 35057664 NOTICE: CMPlayer::CloseFile()
22:15:23 M: 40947712 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0

Is this the computer you are trying to access?
Yeah, PC's name is Blackbeauty2 (named it blackbeauty because of a really nice black case I got for it, then when I re-installed XP added 2 to try to make sure that the xbox didn't get confused)

As for the disabling and enabling the share have tried that before to no effect.

I don't have the guest account enabled currently and will give this a try tomorrow (just about to go to bed and can't be bothered running up and down the stairs right now)

Thought that I would just mention that in the log I posted I kept trying videos until I got to one that worked (The Boat That Rocked.avi) and thought that this might help others searching the log to know.
Ok, well I ended up staying up a bit longer and trying everything, enabled Guest account, created an account called xbox with password xbox, disabled then reabled sharing on My Video's folder and just trying to tweak various settings and nothing made a difference, it will still stream music and (seemingly) random videos (just remembered that this did sort of coincide with when I started downloading off rapidshare using JDownloader instead of using Utorrent but don't see why that would make a difference)

Its the fact that it will play some videos and stream music fine that I can't understand and really frustrates me. Before I thought it might have been ESET Smart Security that was blocking large files from sharing but now that it plays some videos it just doesn't make sense, I had also considered that maybe I got really stoned, disabled some windows service and forgotten but again, why would it still play some files.

So, just to end post, a little summary of system (for anyone just joining us) -
Windows XP x64 (C Drive) sharing My Videos folder (D Drive) through Netgear DG834 Router to Xbox.
Programs that are new/might interfere -
TVersity, ESET Smart Security, JDownloader
bump

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming to Classic Xbox help please0