NEW! TTF-font Subtitles Support Announcement
hi,

i've just commited into cvs support for ttf fonts in subtitles. you can use any ttf font for subtitles as long as it is under xbmc\media\fonts. this is of course not replacing the support for mplayer subtitles, which can still be used if an mplayer font is selected.

to enable:
1. go to settings -> my movies -> subtitles.
2. from the font list select arial.ttf (or any other ttf font that you would like).
3. select the size (8-48).
4. select the color (white or yellow)
5. select the style (normal, bold, italics, bold italics)
6. select the charset of your subtitles
7. hebrew/arabic can flip the characters (instead of the flip characters which was in the skin/language settings).

let me know if it is working for you and if you have any issues.

note: in order for this feature to work properly, you will need the new mplayer.dll from cvs.

regards,

-yuval

yuvalt, another great work!
looks like, ttf subtitle works on xbmc instead of mplayer.
i think it is better implementation of ttf subtitle for many reasons.
i will test asap. :lol:
:bowdown: finally.... Wink
thx for the effort, i was waiting for this feature ever since xbmc came out.
hope the anon cvs gets updated soon so i can try it out.

greetzzzz
daywalker
only...
you are the best!!! :bowdown:
thank you Smile i learn with you!
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
thanks so much. after anonymous cvs is updated, i'll try it out.
:bowdown:
i just checked ttf subtitle support.
tested with several subtitles, works great!
now, i can see every single characters without limit. :thumbsup:

yuvalt, could you add effects for subtitle such as outline, shadow? this might increase legibility of subtitle.
great job! yuvalt :kickass:

i represent all the chinese say thanks to you :bowdown:
you are the hero :talktohand:

would you like to tell me which cvs build support it? Blush
thanks
i've found something unpleasant. two subtitles overlapping each other (dunno which one is up or down) when an .ogm or .mkv file is played. external-sub-based (.srt, .sub) played fine. gotta love the sharpness and smoothness of a ttf font  :thumbsup:

also, some texts disappeared from gui in settings (rss feed on-off, ttf subtitle's font color, style, charset). the option buttons are there, it's just that the texts are not displaying. using ntsc box, by the way. has anything to do with the skin, i presume?
you need to update both the english\strings.xml and the skin. i'll try to look at .ogm and .mkv.

-yuval
Quote:two subtitles overlapping each other (dunno which one is up or down) when an .ogm or .mkv file is played. external-sub-based (.srt, .sub) played fine. gotta love the sharpness and smoothness of a ttf font

to test it: please change the color of subtitles to yellow from setttings->my videos->sbutitles. then please let me know if the yellow ones display the text correctly throughout the movie. then i will be able to fix it.

thanks,

-yuval
changed to yellow as suggested. i forgot to mention that both two subs were not in exact total overlap; one sub was displayed a little upper. now that the ttf sub font color  changed to yellow, i can see that ttf sub is the one that resides above another one (white). when paused, the white one disappear but the yellow one remains. i'm guessing the white one is an mplayer sub font. or maybe not?

edit: forgot to mention again that the sub was in english, not in any non-latin characters.
:bowdown: :o
thank you very much!!
just tested it, very goodlooking subs now; sharp and very smooth.
although when there's a scene in a movie where the background changes to white or another light color... they're hardly readable on my tv (they blend in and can't hardly be read)... is there something that can be added in the settings that can improve this? like adding a small black border around the fonts; and not making them look ugly. that's the only downside i can find, what can't be said about mplayer subs. kudos :kickass:
just tried out the ttf support. very nice  :kickass:

but is subtitle calibration supposed to be working ? or is it just for mplayer fonts ? because it's not working for me.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NEW! TTF-font Subtitles Support Announcement0