OK lots of problems
Tried the latest build today and it killed my remote, or I think it did, it took lots of messing around and somehow the remote started working again. But then other problems occurred notably my database got screwed over so suddenly I had no films or tv shows. I took this as an indication to start again which I did.

I deleted the xbmc folder and tried the latest build afresh the remote still worked and I successfully imported a folder of movies as you will see in the log. But this time no sound once a movie is started, any movie regardless. No sound.

I checked settings and its anything digital no sound, more over if you try and adjust the sound within a movie then XBMC hangs, trying to stop any movie results in a hang. You can change audio settings in system settings but it changes nothing.

Long and short is I have given up living on the edge and returned to an earlier XBMC build which appears to be working fine. I would like to tell you what this builds are but I have no idea of establishing how. I know its not connected but any build using Davillas wadgy new screen1/2 thing is causing all sorts of crap for me.

Any how here is the paste bin

http://pastebin.com/m350b2a6e
Regarding your remote issues:

Quote:20:49:38 T:2686785312 M:3382206464 WARNING: CButtonTranslator::Load - Keymap.xml in userdata found (special://profile/Keymap.xml). This is DEPRECATED! Please move it to the "keymaps/" folder

Looks like you have a stray keymap.xml file there - either remove it, or see what you need in it and implement it in keymaps/<name_of_remote>.xml.

As for the audio, have you done anything differently under settings at all perhaps?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

per the above post, I made sure there was no other keymap.xml floating around that I could see.

http://pastebin.com/m16c1828f

I reset after that, but its not crashed no crashreporter log and the screensaver will come on eventually

I revert to r23263 (compiled sep 29 2009) and remote works fine (same application data/xbmc).
HI J, god knows what happened there then. Does the latest build put another keymap in or something?

The pastebin I put in was from a brand new install, I copied the keymap from the old folder to my userdata folder which I thought you had to do according to Meastros instructions.

Never the less that works fine now, but the audio is an issue. No I did not adjust anything, and it does not matter what you choose in settings. There is noise in the skin in clicks etc but as soon as you start something no sound, and any attempts to stop that movie or adjust sounds results in a hang.

One other thing how can I find out what rev a particular XBMC is, I got well confused!. I know I have gone back at least a month as I had to pull an xbmc off my laptop which is rarely updated or used.
Same problems here, could'ntfigure it out so i reverted to an official build.
Is it possible to revert for me to build r23263 when i didnt download it. cause i cant find older download then the current one.

Mike.

garyi Wrote:HI J, god knows what happened there then. Does the latest build put another keymap in or something?

The pastebin I put in was from a brand new install, I copied the keymap from the old folder to my userdata folder which I thought you had to do according to Meastros instructions.

Never the less that works fine now, but the audio is an issue. No I did not adjust anything, and it does not matter what you choose in settings. There is noise in the skin in clicks etc but as soon as you start something no sound, and any attempts to stop that movie or adjust sounds results in a hang.

One other thing how can I find out what rev a particular XBMC is, I got well confused!. I know I have gone back at least a month as I had to pull an xbmc off my laptop which is rarely updated or used.
Yes this is a problem for me, its my own fault I should save good builds but never remember too. I just reverted to an older version I have on another computer.
http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=BO

Nightly builds and lots of older versions.
Sweet I am sure someone linked this for me before but alcohol ensured I would forget

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OK lots of problems0