[WINDOWS] Can I watch Live TV in XBMC for Windows?
I have a DVB-T USB tuner.

can I use it with XBMC?

thank you
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
mfsav2 Wrote:I have a DVB-T USB tuner.

can I use it with XBMC?

thank you

not natively, but look on the forums, I've seen lots of posts in the past on how to get tv streaming into XBMC...
turbodonkey Wrote:not natively, but look on the forums, I've seen lots of posts in the past on how to get tv streaming into XBMC...

I've seen the solution for linux but was looking for windows!
I have been trying to search through the forums for the past week wondering the same thing. How can we get live TV in XBMC from a tuner card installed on my Windows device?

The only option I found was maybe, possibly MythTV installed on windows which according to the MythTV wiki isn't really supported (with the installation guide I tried I wasn't able to get past step one) in windows.
dvbviewer hast a server service which provides a upnp server which can be used by xbmc ... just to say. also dvbviewer is one of the best tv apps for windows in my eyes, best 15 bucks i've ever spend!
im in the same boat, been using Media portal for last 2 years and have just come back to XBMC would like to be able to have Live tv, frontend or back end it just needs to be windows
mason Wrote:dvbviewer hast a server service which provides a upnp server which can be used by xbmc ... just to say. also dvbviewer is one of the best tv apps for windows in my eyes, best 15 bucks i've ever spend!

where you able to use it from XBMC? and change channels?

I was trying to dowload a trial but no success... so far
We've wanted to support mediaportals tv server for ages, but there was no api that could be used outside of .net, so it never got anywhere.

The only tv servers we have some support for ar tvheadend, vdr and myth. All linux based servers. Sorry.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well from te page of DVBView I read:

free SDK (Delphi)

The SDK contains only related material for the Proversion of the DVBViewer but gives you a sneak preview about the power which sleeps inside the application only waiting to get used Smile.

Download (0,3 MB)
Download time @ 56kb < 1 min

Could this help?

Is Delphi code so it should not be .Net
this one is open source:
http://www.team-mediaportal.com/

and working on PC ... probably the right component is the TV Server

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/TV-Serv...figuration
mfsav2 Wrote:this one is open source:
http://www.team-mediaportal.com/

and working on PC ... probably the right component is the TV Server

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/TV-Serv...figuration

Again, the tv-server needs .net framework
Main pc: P3-333 daimond viper
mfsav2 Wrote:where you able to use it from XBMC? and change channels?

I was trying to dowload a trial but no success... so far

Works fine! (with right ver of xbmc, some have problems with UpNp) Buy the real thing it´s worth 15euros!!!
Jönke Wrote:Works fine! (with right ver of xbmc, some have problems with UpNp) Buy the real thing it´s worth 15euros!!!

I can use xbmc as a client for dvbviewer's recording service (both free and encrypted channels) and am able to change the channels without problem. However, I cannot get the subtitles (teletext or dvb-sub). Are you able to see the tv stream with subtitles? I would appreciate very much if you could give some hints how that could be done with xbmc. Thanks
Jönke Wrote:Works fine! (with right ver of xbmc, some have problems with UpNp) Buy the real thing it´s worth 15euros!!!

Does it work with the newest Version of XBMC Camelot? I would like to know before I buy a Tuner card and go down this route. Would ideally like to wait till HDHomeRun's CableCARD comes out though, not sure if that would work.

Ideally I need to be able to record and watch Live TV on Extenders, is this possible with XBMC? Sorry for the noob question, only have used XBMC on Xbox.
1 Original XBOX XBMC with every game under the sun
3 Raspberry Pi's w/ Openelec Kodi shared MySQL db
1 Win7 Kodi hosting shared MySQL and media
1 Mythbuntu backend v.27 and HD Homerun Prime 3 tuners
aht961 Wrote:I can use xbmc as a client for dvbviewer's recording service (both free and encrypted channels) and am able to change the channels without problem. However, I cannot get the subtitles (teletext or dvb-sub). Are you able to see the tv stream with subtitles? I would appreciate very much if you could give some hints how that could be done with xbmc. Thanks

Yes!

Choose DVB subtiitles via meny ( same as for dvd subs)
For teletext press "V" and choose your teletext numbers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Can I watch Live TV in XBMC for Windows?0