• 52(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
Announcing the new release of the skin now available in the Frodo repo.

As promised the latest version of the skin (1.3.0) is now available in the main XBMC Frodo repo.
At present the skin has been translated to two languages (Greek and Russian) via the Transfix service, other languages will become available in future releases. Details of changes are provided in the first post of this thread.

Enjoy
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Hi All,

I installed this version on my raspberry pi xbmc version.. I love the interface.. The thing that I am struggling with is how can I shut the unit off.. I cant seem to find the shutdown option or the power button to shutdown or reboot or anything.. Can you please let me know

thanks
(2013-03-10, 15:32)cdamania1 Wrote: Hi All,

I installed this version on my raspberry pi xbmc version.. I love the interface.. The thing that I am struggling with is how can I shut the unit off.. I cant seem to find the shutdown option or the power button to shutdown or reboot or anything.. Can you please let me know

thanks
cdamania1,

go into skin settings menu and navigate to "Home menu" button, move left and scroll to the bottom of the submenu to the "Quit from home menu" item and toggle the button ON. You will then find the "- quit button action:" has un-ghosted, click that to select either "Quit" or "Power menu".

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Further hint, I use the ^ and v characters to show that there are more entries in the settings menus. I know its not perfect, but at this stage its the best I can manage. This is an area of the skin that will see further work in the future.
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2013-03-10, 15:01)wyrm Wrote: Announcing the new release of the skin now available in the Frodo repo.

As promised the latest version of the skin (1.3.0) is now available in the main XBMC Frodo repo.
At present the skin has been translated to two languages (Greek and Russian) via the Transfix service, other languages will become available in future releases. Details of changes are provided in the first post of this thread.

Enjoy
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Wyrm, i not sure what's up with greek, but russian translation of xTV is still a total mess. I just installed 1.30 from official repo, half of the strings are english, the rest are mismatched (like "Startup" use translation of the sting "use scrollbar", there's not even one correct). Strings on transiflex are ok.
(2013-03-10, 15:57)relyter Wrote: Wyrm, i not sure what's up with greek, but russian translation of xTV is still a total mess. I just installed 1.30 from official repo, half of the strings are english, the rest are mismatched (like "Startup" use translation of the sting "use scrollbar", there's not even one correct). Strings on transiflex are ok.
relyter,

Sorry mate not sure what happen there. Just checked the file on my googlecode page, and while there are one or two English words in that file (including rather strangely "xbox" as a russian translation of "iOS") most of that file appears to be in Cyrillic. I will download the zip directly from the XBMC mirror site here in Australia and see what is actually in the file.

Thanks for the heads up
Wyrm

No, seems fine in the file I just downloaded other than the following strings:

CDDB, "XBMC Build:", "XBMC Build date:" and the platform names (windows, linux etc) other that the previous mentioned error with iOS, everything else is in Cyrillic. Thinking about it, what font are you using, maybe try using the "XBMC Default" and see if that helps. If that helps, please let me know as I will need to include a Cyrillic friendly font with the skin.

(2013-03-10, 16:44)wyrm Wrote:
(2013-03-10, 15:57)relyter Wrote: Wyrm, i not sure what's up with greek, but russian translation of xTV is still a total mess. I just installed 1.30 from official repo, half of the strings are english, the rest are mismatched (like "Startup" use translation of the sting "use scrollbar", there's not even one correct). Strings on transiflex are ok.
relyter,

Sorry mate not sure what happen there. Just checked the file on my googlecode page, and while there are one or two English words in that file (including rather strangely "xbox" as a russian translation of "iOS") most of that file appears to be in cyrilic. I will download the zip directly from the XBMC mirror site here in Australia and see what is actually in the file.

Thanks for the heads up
Wyrm

I have skin zip 19 546 716 b, <addon id="skin.xtv-saf" version="1.3.0" name="xTV-SAF" provider-name="Wyrm">, strings.po - 8642 b.

Version of string.po avalible for download from transifex - 16527 b, after manual replace translation is ok.
Is there a way to get menu items for Recent Movies or Recent Epidodes to show up on the home screen?
(2013-03-10, 19:50)ClayM Wrote: Is there a way to get menu items for Recent Movies or Recent Epidodes to show up on the home screen?
ClayM,

Two slightly different ways. Either you can tell the skin to enter the library from from these points. In other words clicking the movies button will take you directly to the Recent Movies (Skin Settings/Media Sources/Movie library entry point, select require point from requestor that pops up). Or make Recent movies a favourite and then add the favourite to the home menu (Skin Settings/Custom Favourites/Movies/Favourite x, and follow the prompts)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2013-03-04, 16:44)wyrm Wrote:
(2013-03-04, 10:12)relyter Wrote: Skin setting - Home menu - Home menu type
FriendlyG,

Yep what relyter said, but also you need to know that the skin setting menu is now located in the Appearance menu (second line of Skin sub menu). This is where you will find most of the Frodo skins now have their settings menus located (although there are one or two skins that don't follow this convention)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Thanks Relyter and Wyrm - finally found it!

I must say (and I know this isn't your fault Wyrm), but that is some opaque menu structure there...
it's actually Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Skin - settings
and that last "- settings" isn't really clear that that is another menu entry that reveals another layer of settings! To me it just looked like a heading for what was below it. This is the kind of complexity that always turned me off both xbmc and plex.

Thank god for your skin,!
(2013-03-11, 07:00)FriendlyG Wrote: Thanks Relyter and Wyrm - finally found it!

I must say (and I know this isn't your fault Wyrm), but that is some opaque menu structure there...
it's actually Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Skin - settings
and that last "- settings" isn't really clear that that is another menu entry that reveals another layer of settings! To me it just looked like a heading for what was below it. This is the kind of complexity that always turned me off both xbmc and plex.

Thank god for your skin,!
FriendlyG,

to a large degree you will get no arguments from me on this. I still think that moving the skin settings menus to where they now are is counter intuitive, but the devs seem to think otherwise. I'm just following convention on this to reduce confusion. As to complexity, yes it is, but a media center is not a DVD player. It is quite a bit more complex, if you want choice you will need to put up with multilevel settings menus.

For future reference, in my skin I try to follow the Apple convention of using arrows in menu items (or above and below menu lists) to show that there are more items to show. In other words, if there is a arrow pointing right on a menu item, there is a submenu that this item leads to. If there is an arrow top or bottom (or both in some cases), there are more menu items available but not visible due to lack of space. I hope to change this last convention to having the top and bottom list item fade out when there are further items, but the way I have coded some of this makes it difficult, so work in progress.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

relyter,

Just figured out what happened, basically the wrong file got pushed up to my googlecode page. Will be fixed on Passion repo in the next day or so and in the Main repo when I do the next push (probably when I see a few more language translations come thru on Transfix). If you grab the .po file directly from Transfix and copy it to your language/Russian directory problem will be fixed.

Sorry about that
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Just to say thanks!Excellent skin,i use it to mac mini connected to tv/projector!
I tested this on OpenElec (rbej build) on the Pi earlier and had 99% CPU at idle on Home. With Confluence and SiO2 it's only 35-60% (CPU-XBMC 45%) so something doesn't seem right. I checked for any Recently Added on Home settings in the skin, as with Confluence it caused high CPU having these enabled but couldn't see any such settings.
(2013-03-26, 06:09)doveman2 Wrote: I tested this on OpenElec (rbej build) on the Pi earlier and had 99% CPU at idle on Home. With Confluence and SiO2 it's only 35-60% (CPU-XBMC 45%) so something doesn't seem right. I checked for any Recently Added on Home settings in the skin, as with Confluence it caused high CPU having these enabled but couldn't see any such settings.
doveman2,

Yep saw your message on the other sub forum and as a result have made a couple of minor changes to the horizontal home menu handling to try to fix. What version of my skin are you using to get this figure? If you are using the official XBMC repo version (1.3.0), you could give the latest Passion repo version (1.3.1.831) a go when it is uploaded tomorrow morning (Paris time). Oh and no there is no setting to turn off Recently added, not even sure if that is what is causing the issue. Scrolling text seems to be the cuprit (at least as far as I can see), but there is nothing in the log file that suggests that there is any sort of problem.

Report back if this helps and by how much.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2013-03-26, 06:09)doveman2 Wrote: I tested this on OpenElec (rbej build) on the Pi earlier and had 99% CPU at idle on Home. With Confluence and SiO2 it's only 35-60% (CPU-XBMC 45%) so something doesn't seem right. I checked for any Recently Added on Home settings in the skin, as with Confluence it caused high CPU having these enabled but couldn't see any such settings.
doveman2,

Yep, pretty sure I now know what was causing the issue, Passion build 1.3.1.835 (available about 2am Paris time tomorrow) should now have the skin running at about the same system load as Confluence.

Note to the general populous, animations do not allow XBMC "Dirty region code" to do its thing (reduce CPU load). If you are trying to run this (or any other skin) on a low speced machine, make sure that you turn off all animations. So in the case of the home screen, NO animated weather icons and NO scrolling text (that means you RSS scroller). Main issue in the case of my skin was the pulsing button texture on the menu items. Most people would not even notice the difference visually, so has been removed.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

• 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3