• 58(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
Only one thing to say: Perfect!

I really like the self explanatory start- and endtimes all to the left and right. The next airing show is not shown, but that's not that interesting to me. But if you really want to place it somewhere, then I'd say move the current show title all to the left to allign with the description text and make the next show appear all to the right in maybe a slightly darker white? The channel logo could be twice as big, because there is still a big border around it, but like I said: I don't know if it gets ugly if it's bloated up that much. Or you just place the channel number to the left of it and the title on top?

Hm, when I read this again, my "Perfect!" does not look that strong anymore, but don't let that fool you, it really is perfect! Wink

Here is a screenshot of your skin: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2qs1dz4&s=5

And one from xperience1080: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=vmqjyx&s=5

I'm really sorry for the quality of these, but when i do drop xbmc-send --host=127.0.0.1 -a "TakeScreenshot" via ssh I get a 0byte file, but I think these serve the purpose.

Bench

PS: This time the "Install from Zip" worked by the way. It just took some time and the progress was only visible in the debug log. But once it was finished I got the question to switch to the newly installed skin.
(2013-07-16, 20:37)bench Wrote: Only one thing to say: Perfect!

I really like the self explanatory start- and endtimes all to the left and right. The next airing show is not shown, but that's not that interesting to me. But if you really want to place it somewhere, then I'd say move the current show title all to the left to allign with the description text and make the next show appear all to the right in maybe a slightly darker white? The channel logo could be twice as big, because there is still a big border around it, but like I said: I don't know if it gets ugly if it's bloated up that much. Or you just place the channel number to the left of it and the title on top?

Hm, when I read this again, my "Perfect!" does not look that strong anymore, but don't let that fool you, it really is perfect! Wink

Here is a screenshot of your skin: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2qs1dz4&s=5

And one from xperience1080: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=vmqjyx&s=5

I'm really sorry for the quality of these, but when i do drop xbmc-send --host=127.0.0.1 -a "TakeScreenshot" via ssh I get a 0byte file, but I think these serve the purpose.

Bench

PS: This time the "Install from Zip" worked by the way. It just took some time and the progress was only visible in the debug log. But once it was finished I got the question to switch to the newly installed skin.
Bench,

Have made some more changes to the LiveTV part of this screen, hope they are suitable. Have tried to not take up any more room on screen, but should still show what you are after. On the Icon sizing, will probably take another look at this and see if I can't make it a little bigger for LiveTV. As to the "Install from Zip", yep know about that, it's just the way XBMC handles this. Really it should give some sort of feedback for the user, but it doesn't, so you just need to wait until it does it's thing.

Anyway, available 2am Paris time (about 12 hours from this post). Feedback welcome.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Hello,

LiveTV Info seems too cluttered to me now. I nearly overlooked the channelnumber and -name between description and seekbar. I'd place them above the shows name and description or above the icon or at least seperate them or make them stand out a bit more. To me it seems more fitting if you first (so on top) see on what channel you are and then if you look further down you see whats running there and then the description. the show coming up next is placed nicely, so it doesn't bother me. Wink The Icon in experience1080 is slightly bigger I think and still not ugly, but keeping it at it's current size would provide enough space for channelnumber and -name, I'd say. Move the icon all down or up and to the right in it's box, and you could place a nice big channelnumber to its left and the name on top or below.

Well, after a "perfect" view, things can only get worse, can't they? Wink Just revert the changes or do whatever you want, fine with me, but as it is now, it seems like a step back for me from the last, more clean view. But keep up the good work!

Bench
Hi wyrm

Just wondering if your awesome skin is compatible with Gotham? There's quite a few a/v fixes in Gotham so I really need to install it on my brother's Pi but I also really want to put your skin on it as well, so I'm hoping it is compatible.
Hi doveman2,

I'm running xtv-saf on a pi with a recent gotham build. no problems here, neither with the offical xbmc repo version, nor with the passion repo version. Except for some tweaks to live tv you can read up in the latest posts, both versions work fine!

PS: Fastforward and rewind are working really great with gotham now! Big Grin
Thanks bench, that's great news Smile
@doveman, there has at this stage not been any major changes to skinning engine of XBMC between Frodo and Gotham, so any Frodo skin should be fine. Other than the stuff I am working on for Bench, Passion build of skin is pretty stable so I would recommend using that.

@bench, Yep still not real happy with layout of OSD info screen, so it's still a work in progress (sorry, it's the way my dev branch tends to work especially when I can't really see how layout is working). Have a couple of tweaks to icon sizes ready to go for this screen, will add changes to channel number and name to that update and advise when ready to download.

@Everyone, to those people using the skin on the Pi would be nice to get some feedback on how skin compares to other skins as far as speed and resource usage goes. Pretty sure I have already grabbed most of the low hanging fruit in above areas, but have got one or two very minor tweaks that hopefully help some more. Am I wasting my time in this area, or are the tweak's still making a difference?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Bench,

just pushed a couple of changes to LiveTV OSD parts of skin, also some background image handling changes. Should be available 2am tomorrow morning (Paris time) on Passion repo.

Hope this is a little more to your liking
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

@wyrm, thanks for the info. I'll use the Passion build as you suggest.
Wyrm,
updated just minutes ago, info screen seems a lot nicer now!

As to pi performance: I think the passion repo version is noticeably faster than the xbmc repo version. And the xbmc repo version already seemed superior in speed to most others I've tried (even though those other skins ran only about 5 minutes each, maybe not enough time to "settle down" for the recently added etc.?) But I also had a lot of backend tweaks done after I switched and sticked to your skin and they had an even bigger impact...
I am now using a MySQL server, and shortened my pvrs channel list from about 1400 to 250 channels. I have not yet moved the thumbnails folder to my nfs-server, but that may be the next thing to try.

But a thing I've noticed:
Recently turned of "use currently playing video as background" or whatever that option's called, because it stuttered on the raspi, wenn scrolling through epg or files.Now when I'm in the normal channel list view and got a channel running in background, the live tv picture is jumping from the small "now playing..." at the top to the middle of the screen, somewhere around 18:48 in the following log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=38315
In video or music views this does not show, because the middle of the screen would always show the icon of the currently selected item, but live tv seems to work in another way. the "now playing" infotext is nice in channel list view, but one live tv picture (the bigger, the better) would be enough I think. Wink

I was flattered to read "the stuff I'm working on for bench" but I really do hope, I don't force anything into any direction and just help your development, because I seem to be the only one giving feedback about this... So just do what you feel like, your cannel number and namepositions for example are really great, my idea would have maybe caused the same cluttering effect of the bottom section and so far to the left, the additional taken space from the tv picture poses no problem to me and still it's readable for my wife.

Bench
Wyrm,

I'm very much liking what you've done with the skin, particularly the OSD.

The only thing missing that I've noticed is that Visualisations don't appear to work when playing audio. I checked the settings and it's enabled there but maybe I'm doing something else wrong.

It would be cool to have an OpenElec settings button under Settings as well, as otherwise I have to switch back to Confluence every time I need to change those.
can you add an option to disable the busy icon, offers a huge gain on the raspberry pi.

ps nice to see you back, hope all is well
(2013-07-21, 02:08)stuCONNERS Wrote: can you add an option to disable the busy icon, offers a huge gain on the raspberry pi.

but then how can we tell when it's actually received the remote signal and is doing something?
the screen should still dim
doveman2,
you can access the openelec settings via the program addons, no need to switch around the skins. The visualisations - except for the default one - do not work here either, but that's not skin dependent, it's rather an image or xbmc issue
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3