Remote OBC shortcuts to My Music/Videos?
hi all.  as always, i like to commend the devs - i just wish i had the ability to do something as good as this! (ok, sucking up over... :lol: )

my question.
is there a way to create remote control shortcuts to 'my videos', 'my pictures' etc., by way of obc's and keymap.xml?

this [sample] xml code might help you understand exactly what i mean...
Quote:<keymap>
<global>
  <link>
    <linkto>my videos</linkto>
    <remotecode>150</remotecode>
  </link>
  <link>
    <linkto>my music</linkto>
    <remotecode>151</remotecode>
  </link>

you see, i'd like to have my pronto remote show buttons related to the current operation - e.g. when i select the 'my music' link, pronto would send out ir (obc 150) then open a screen full of 'my music' related buttons!

if my design ends up any good, i would post it back it to the community Confusedaint:

anyone?
most (if not all) questions have been asked & answered soooooooooo many times, use the search button. (i think i'll put that in my sig!) - done :)
it's a good suggestion (that has been wanted for a while) and it's fairly easily doable from a code perspective.

we're in a feature freeze at the moment though, so it won't be added until after v1.1

i suggest you post a feature request over at the sourceforge site so that it's trackable.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(jmarshall @ sep. 20 2004,23:15 Wrote:it's a good suggestion (that has been wanted for a while) and it's fairly easily doable from a code perspective.

we're in a feature freeze at the moment though, so it won't be added until after v1.1

i suggest you post a feature request over at the sourceforge site so that it's trackable.

cheers,
jonathan
thanks for leg up!  i thought it was a good idea - seem others do too. Smile

i have never put requests on sorceforge & don't have an account there.  i was kinda hoping some one would pick this up cos theres a bit more to it than i first let on...

yes - definately want obc links to all top level items (my music, my videos etc).  this is very much a want want want!!! (very useful too!Wink

but would also like entries for 'keyboard letters' - any one with a programmable remote could then have letters assigned to obc's & type from ir.  obviously, this isn't as much required now keyboard has abc entry, but still, i thinks it would be a worth while addition!

again, i think [sample] xml code might help you understand ...
Quote:  <keyboard>
   <input>
     <item>{capslock}</item>
     <remotecode>180</remotecode>
   </input>
   <input>
     <item>a</item>
     <remotecode>190</remotecode>
   </input>
   <input>
     <item>b</item>
     <item>191</item>
   </input>
 </keyboard>

any thoughts? anyone?

ps, (please don't get angry, you are prolly asked all the time but) is there an estimated time on release of v1.1 ?
most (if not all) questions have been asked & answered soooooooooo many times, use the search button. (i think i'll put that in my sig!) - done :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote OBC shortcuts to My Music/Videos?0