[ATV] Apple TV 3.0 update going live
Looks like apple is pushing out a 3.0 update to apple tvs.

You might want to make sure you have auto-updates disabled until patchstick hacks are confirmed working/not working/updated/etc.
Tftfy Smile

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AUTO-UPDATES DISABLED!!

I would have added <blink> if only it was still a supported html-ish tag... This would be the one case where it would made sense! lol
davilla: "...then all will be clear and everyone will go "hollysh**, I can't believe this happened"
DaveGee Wrote:Tftfy Smile

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AUTO-UPDATES DISABLED!!

I would have added <blink> if only it was still a supported html-ish tag... This would be the one case where it would made sense! lol
I got the message a little late and I now have 3.0. Let me be the first to ask how I can fix it and go back to 2.4. Thanks.

Jay
Well, it definitely does NOT work under 3.0. I plugged it in and everything appeared to go fine, but when the ATV booted back up (yes, it did boot; that's something) the launcher was modified, but none of the menu items work.
thanks for the tips, gonna go check my ATV!@
I've disabled the updates.

Hope they come out with a working patch stick soon, the new ATV interface looks awesome.

I use ATV for Music, pics and youtube etc.

But XBMC rocks for Movies and TV.
Esra Wrote:Hope they come out with a working patch stick soon,
Me too. I just got my ATV a few days ago and have been spending the last few days learning XBMC and getting my library just right. Now I'm screwed. I have no one to blame but myself. I should have paid more attention to the auto-update feature. Hopefully there will be a new patch stick soon or some way to revert back to 2.4. Luckily most of the work I did tweaking my library was done by renaming/reorganizing my files. It shouldn't take long to get things back to the way they were once I can get XBMC running again.

Jay
WildCelt Wrote:Well, it definitely does NOT work under 3.0. I plugged it in and everything appeared to go fine, but when the ATV booted back up (yes, it did boot; that's something) the launcher was modified, but none of the menu items work.
FYI, According to a post in this link at least SSH works after trying the existing patch stick. So maybe there's some hope that there will be a work around or fix soon.

Jay
Here is a link to the thread on how to downgrade the installed ATV OS:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40811
jerndl Wrote:Me too. I just got my ATV a few days ago and have been spending the last few days learning XBMC and getting my library just right. Now I'm screwed. I have no one to blame but myself. I should have paid more attention to the auto-update feature. Hopefully there will be a new patch stick soon or some way to revert back to 2.4. Luckily most of the work I did tweaking my library was done by renaming/reorganizing my files. It shouldn't take long to get things back to the way they were once I can get XBMC running again.

Jay

Just a note for when you have XBMC back up, try running 'Media Companion' PC app. It basically gets all your IMDB and TVDB info and stores it alongside the media files so you can't lose it when you update XBMC etc.

Great news on SSH still working, means they should be able to access and change what's needed.
I did a factory restore and it went back to 2.3.1. I then ran the patchstick that I had created for 2.4. It seems to work ok so far. The 1st thing I did was set in the Launcher settings, ATV OS update enabled to NO. Hopefully that is the correct way to prevent auto-update. What are the differences between 2.3.1 and 2.4, do I give up any significant functionality? Also is there any reason why this is a bad idea? Thanks.

Jay
Hahaha, Apple knew I was going on a trip and would not have an AppleTV around for a few days so they waited until now to post the update. Need to find the mole and silence them.
I'm ready to help hunt them down ...

davilla Wrote:Hahaha, Apple knew I was going on a trip and would not have an AppleTV around for a few days so they waited until now to post the update. Need to find the mole and silence them.
Trying to help clean up the afterbirth :laugh:
Esra Wrote:I've disabled the updates.

Hope they come out with a working patch stick soon, the new ATV interface looks awesome.

*word* Cool
davilla Wrote:Hahaha, Apple knew I was going on a trip and would not have an AppleTV around for a few days so they waited until now to post the update. Need to find the mole and silence them.

At least they can now state that this time took a few days longer until everything will be back to normal for us XBMCees.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] Apple TV 3.0 update going live0