Good way to have extras with a movie?
Say I have

movie.mkv
interview with director.mkv
making of.mkv

Is there a way you could click on the movie in Library mode, and instead of starting right away get a little pop up with those 3 choices? Something with the new sets feature?

EDIT - Sorry, this probably would fit better in the Help/Support forum... can a mod move?
To my knowledge, there is no current support for this. If you only have one extra, you could rename it as the movie trailer, which is supported, but nothing currently exists for multiple extras. Code is, of course, welcome to change this.
So the thing that I think would really complete the entire move from physical media to digital media for me would be the ability to include extras content from DVD's to XBMC without having to just copy the entire DVD (since I prefer my media compressed).

So here's my idea, which I would try if I had a single understanding of programming, but don't: If you have your media organized in folders, you could add an "Extras" folder in there and include rips of the DVD's extras like Deleted Scenes, Making of Featurettes, etc. Then, add a link in the movie info panel where you can look at cast, trailer, etc. that says "Extras" and clicking it would give you a link to the videos in your "Extras" folder. Eventually, I'm sure skinners would fine a great way to incorporate it into the skin like they have with trailers in the Aeon skin, but mainly I just want to be able to have all of the extra content I love in dvd's in my digital media library.

Maybe I'm making it easier than it actually is, but I'm not sure. Thought I'd throw this out there.
Very good idea... or I like better, where you click on a movie, and it gives you a pop-up letting you choose which media you wanted, so if you had:

/Movie
Disc 1.iso
Disc 2.iso

It would just show up as Movie in the library, but when you clicked on it a pop up would let you choose Disc 1 or Disc 2

Or if you had

\movie
movie.720p.bluray.x264.somereleasegroup.mkv
making of.avi
interview with someone.avi

Then clicking on the movie, which would just show up once in the movie library, would give you a pop choices of movie, making of, or interview with someone.
Here's an example of what I'm suggesting:

In the particular movie folder, along with the "extrathumbs" folder, you'd have a folder called "extras" which would have files entitled (for instance):
The Making of Almost Famous.avi
Interview with Lester Bangs.avi
Stillwater Cleveland Concert.avi
Deleted Scene 1.avi
Deleted Scene 2.avi
Deleted Scene 3.avi

That would then appear as a basic file list under "Extras" in the info panel, so that you just have extra DVD content you've ripped associated simply with your movie. This is kind of the most basic way of doing it, I'm sure, but I know I would love it. Desperately wish I could code it myself. Just don't have any knowledge on that whatsoever.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=383...tcount=118

This might be a starting point for something like this. The patch, to my knowledge, has been incorporated. Joelmeans meant for it to be used for trilogies and such, but it might work for something like this too.
With .nfo files, I think you could have them at least display in your library under movies, with a different entry for each one.

So you could have
"MOVIE_NAME" - point to "movie.mkv", with all the normal info for the movie.

"MOVIE_NAME - Director Interview" - point to "interview with director.mkv", and put any info you want to display in "interview with director.nfo".

"MOVIE_NAME - The Making Of" - point to "making of.mkv", and put any info you want to display in "making of.nfo".

Then at least they'd be sorted next to each other.
Using nfo files and the recently introduced movie sets this is very well doable (search this forum for info on movie sets, wiki on nfo files.)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I agree with lboyce, this would be a very desirable feature to be able to have a menu to select extras/bonus material. in the meantime will look into sho's suggestion and failing that try brent's.

edit:
having trouble searching forums for "movie sets". keywords too common and what does match is partial information. anyone so kind as to link to a concise explanation with an example?
i tried but failed to create nfo files for two files in a folder called "Little Shop of Horrors (1986)" as such:

Code:
<movie>
        <title>Little Shop of Horrors (1986)</title>
        <year>1986</year>
        <id>tt0091419</id>
        <sorttitle>LSOH: Released Film</sorttitle>
        <set>Little Shop of Horrors (1986)</set>
</movie>

Code:
<movie>
        <title>Little Shop of Horrors (1986)</title>
        <year>1986</year>
        <id>tt0091419</id>
        <sorttitle>LSOH: Unreleased Original Ending (B&W)</sorttitle>
        <set>Little Shop of Horrors (1986)</set>
</movie>

What I found was:

1. I couldn't use the scraper to get the rest of the information -- I suppose if you use nfo files you have to provide all of the information manually? Is this correct?

2. when highlighting the movie in the movie library, fanart is not shown

3. when selecting the movie, two items are listed but there is no text -- just blank lines. I expected to see the sorttitile.

In the end I just created two separate movies folders with the same title and some text in [brackets]. Then I assigned each different fanart. not an ideal solution but it works in this case. would still like to see a method to deal with movie extras.
ctawn Wrote:2. when highlighting the movie in the movie library, fanart is not shown

The devs said they'd fix fanart at some point after the Camelot release...
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
been away from these forums for a while. Is this fixed yet?
mkv has support for titles in the container. I am not sure if xbmc supports this, however.
Any progress on this? I like lboyce's idea, just having an "extras" folder.
Sorry for digging this up again but a feature where extras are displayed under movie info would be really great addition to xbmc. Is there any plans to implement it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Good way to have extras with a movie?0