DIRECTX build - autoswitching and vsync changes
Anyone is free to checkout SVN and specify <fakefullscreen>true</fakefullscreen> in advancedsettings.xml. I'd be interested to hear whether vsync works for you on vista/win7 or whatever. On some machines it may well work on XP as well. There may be some other changes we have to make to make it work correctly, however.

We'd ask that you don't distribute builds widely at this point, however, as we're currently in the release cycle (see the home page) and it's easier if bugreports come from known versions.

Obviously you are free to distribute it among yourselves as needed. Note that there is no framerate switching with <fakefullscreen> in place, though that could potentially be added via a different route.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Good thing I have no pets.. wouldnt want the alpha to eat them :o
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
Yup, probably misunderstood what elupus said. Azido must be right.

Sorry if I sounded too... bitter.
jmarshall Wrote:Anyone is free to checkout SVN and specify <fakefullscreen>false in advancedsettings.xml.

just curious, shouldn't it be <fakefullscreen>true instead, if i want to get the old behaviour?
cheers,azido :;):
Ah, indeed. My bad. Will update the original post.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Ah, indeed. My bad. Will update the original post.

anyway, first tests absolved with real success on my side.
for the record: win 7 x64, quadcore cpu, 8gb ram, ati hd3650 using latest drivers (9.10)

1. as expected, no trouble at all for standard sd content

2. went for a bit harder material, using an 11GB 1080p rip of wolverine

experienced no tearing, no stuttering or any other issue using <fakefullscreen>true. note the drops came from skipping forward/back to find a fast paced screen.

fps jumps between 23.95 and 24.02 on camera changes, but that's nothing visually disturbing.
i kept vertical blank sync to Always Enabled (although i also use Always On in ATI CCC, so that might make no difference).

summary: i'd love to keep this setting being available.
Thanks azido. Hopefully others will also have a good experience on Win7 and/or Vista as well.

I'll see if I can hookup a switch res pathway for that mode at some point.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Azido is definitelly not alone, i am also using xbmc on second monitor (plasma) while working on pc at the same time on the primary. Mostly to play music while working or when my girlfriend is watching something. This is essential for me and in the future it will be (in my opinion) essential for any serious HTPC. Many users have slow HTPCs dedicated just for entertainment, but since it is finally possible to build a powerfull machine to multitask HD movie and to do something different on other screen (and) be silent at the same time, it is great to have such feature. XBMC was so far only media center that could do that and it would be sad to loose this. I am even able to play different sound from my table speakers, while sending HD audio to my receiver since I have ATI with HDMI audio out and othe soundcard on the motherboard.

I think, that this feature should be promoted as a huge advantage comapred to other software. People may not use or demand it, because they dont even know that its possible, but when they realize, that they could use their pc to play stuff when working at it at the same time its a dream come true Smile

As for tearing, last months builds were pretty slow, video was not synced and sometimes veeeeeery slow. I also think, that HD videos were kind of not as sharp as when played in other players. Latest build that works for me - 24155 is perfectly smooth and picture is crisp and sharp without any problems.

My machine - Win 7 x64, DX11 SDK, Phenom II 965 BE, 6GB DDR3, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB.
jmarshall Wrote:Thanks azido. Hopefully others will also have a good experience on Win7 and/or Vista as well.

I'll see if I can hookup a switch res pathway for that mode at some point.

Cheers,
Jonathan

i know at least one guy that told me by pm he succeeded, but also using win7. would love to hear from vista users what they come up with. dunno on xp though, i always had tearing there with any build in the past, but have to admit i did no more testing on xp since the revisions hit 20000.

looking forward to your future improvements and leave you with a smile here..
even with <fakefullscreen> off, once you play a video, xbmc doesn't disappear when losing focus...
can i use this feature in camelot alpha or i need to get / build a newer ?
See post 51.

Thank you for your swift response =)
delete plz
Azido in which build did you changed those settings and where I could find advancedsettings.xml? Maybe i am stupid, but i cant find it anywhere in the xbmc directory or App data directory.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DIRECTX build - autoswitching and vsync changes0