Help, keyboard.xml is not used
Hi,

I have downloaded the latest DX build, and try to redefine some keys, but for some reasons, no matter what changes I make to XBMC\system\keymaps.xml, they are not used.

I have installed XBMC in portable mode, and tried to delete all older keymaps.xml files, but for some reason, there must be still one existing in my system that I am not aware of. How do I force XBMC in using the keymap.xml? In which order are XML files used for keyboard defines?
Do not edit keymap.xml in the system folder, place a file with your changes in the userdata folder:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Jackie78 Wrote:Hi,

I have downloaded the latest DX build, and try to redefine some keys, but for some reasons, no matter what changes I make to XBMC\system\keymaps.xml, they are not used.

I have installed XBMC in portable mode, and tried to delete all older keymaps.xml files, but for some reason, there must be still one existing in my system that I am not aware of. How do I force XBMC in using the keymap.xml? In which order are XML files used for keyboard defines?

I have also had issues with getting Dharma 4 to work with my key overrides. My goal is to change the keyboard button "a" to switch audio languages instead of changing the audio delay. However, in keyboard.xml both in the system folder and in the userdata directory when I change:
Code:
<a>AudioDelay</a>
to
Code:
<a>NextAudioLanguage</a>
XBMC still changes the audio delay. I've even added a new key to the list but that wasn't recognized. Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Thanks.
Jackie78 Wrote:Hi,

You don't say whether the "latest DX build" is v9.11 or Dharma beta 4. This matters because the location of the portable mode userdata has changed between v9.11 and Dharma.

Turn on debug logging, run XBMC then look at your xbmc.log, and it will tell you where it's looking for userdata. On my system here in default mode xbmc.log shows me:

NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Users\renniej\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

so the file needs to be C:\Users\renniej\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml. In portable mode xbmc.log shows me:

NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\userdata

so the file needs to be C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml.

The xbmc.log will also tell you if there was an error reading the keyboard.xml file.

JR
Now I think about it, if you're editing keyboard.xml you might want to try my keymap editor from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help, keyboard.xml is not used0