DVD playback broken?
Hi,

I have massive problems playing back most of my DVDs that are actually VIDEO_TS folders on my harddisk, but that used to work, with the latest DX Build:

- some of thems cannot rewind, in fact when I rewind, it actually fast forwards instead Sad

- Some of my menus are unreadable, I can see the basic menu structure, but all the texts appear as white boxes.

Can anybody try with their DVD images?
Please post full debug log ...
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
I think the menu issue should have been solved (or improved). Rewinding i'm not so sure about.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I am having the same problem with the rewind not working and I am on the 24211 SVN.
Same here with the rewinding - it flies all over the place and usually ends up going forward rather than back. Glad to hear the menu problem is being worked on though - I'll have to check and see if Up's subtitle menu works now. On a side note, what can you do about DVDs whose CSS keys can't be cracked? My dad wanted to watch Fly Away Home and XBMC would just hang when he tried to play the disc. Digging through the debug log showed lots of:
Code:
INFO:   msg: libdvdread: Error cracking CSS key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_[i]XX[/i]_[i]X[/i].VOB
After ripping (and decrypting) the DVD, it played from the hard drive without problems, save for the rewind bug that seems to present on any DVD I play.

(Sorry if I'm hijacking/grave-digging this thread, but its topic fits with these issues.)
Jackie78 Wrote:Hi,

I have massive problems playing back most of my DVDs that are actually VIDEO_TS folders on my harddisk, but that used to work, with the latest DX Build:

- some of thems cannot rewind, in fact when I rewind, it actually fast forwards instead Sad

- Some of my menus are unreadable, I can see the basic menu structure, but all the texts appear as white boxes.

Can anybody try with their DVD images?

This is a known fault with XBMC.
The rewind bug has been there for ages, here's the trac ticket..

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5462

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD playback broken?0