Screensaver lock setting removed?
Iv just updated to r24238 of xbmc on the xbox.

im having problems locating the "lock on resume from screensaver" option.

for some reason when you try use the xbox whilst in screensaver mode a master lock input screen comes up. i have master lock enabled because i want to lock some of my sorces, but because of this, every time my screensave activates, iv got to put my code in again to resume.

im sure there used to be a setting in the screenaver options but its gone.

is this part of the settings cleanup thats been going on?
is there a advancedsettings.xml command i can add to remove the lock?

cheers RBX
It's gone. I have no idea whether it was ported to xbox or not.

You'll get prompted only if you're not in mastermode or you have either the login screen enabled or the startup lock enabled. After all, if you're forcing a password to access the system, when the screensaver comes off it makes sense to force the same password.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i have the masterlock on purley so i can lock settings and file manager. i do not use a logon screen or startup lock. so from my perspective the default lock after screensaver dosent make sence. is there any chance this option being added to the advancedsetting.xml?
If you don't use either the logon screen or startup lock, then you should not be prompted upon exit from the screensaver:

Code:
if (m_iScreenSaveLock == 0)
      if (g_settings.m_vecProfiles[0].getLockMode() != LOCK_MODE_EVERYONE &&
          (g_settings.bUseLoginScreen || g_guiSettings.GetBool("masterlock.startuplock")) &&
          g_settings.m_vecProfiles[iProfile].getLockMode() != LOCK_MODE_EVERYONE &&
          m_screenSaverMode != "Dim" && m_screenSaverMode != "Black" && m_screenSaverMode != "Visualisation")
      {
        m_iScreenSaveLock = 2;
        CGUIMessage msg(GUI_MSG_CHECK_LOCK,0,0);
        g_windowManager.GetWindow(WINDOW_SCREENSAVER)->OnMessage(msg);
      }

I have no idea what has been ported to xbox or not, so unless you can reproduce the problem on any of the other platforms, I can't really be of assistance.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

EDIT: A quick look at the xbox sources:

http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/xb...cation.cpp

And sure enough, it hasn't been ported.

Cheers,
Jonathan

well its dfinateley missing from the screensaver options screen and its definatley happening.

and its well anoying!

Edit - Sorry my build number is - r24368
It will be fixed during the next round of merges to Xbox...
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
Cheers Arnova

i'll look forward to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screensaver lock setting removed?0