• 6(current)
Boxee Box by D-Link announced - its Boxee Remote to come with QWERTY keyboard
Hannes The Hun Wrote:that's the way the logitech dinovo works with the provided BT dongle

I also want this boxee remote very hard for my acer revo Nod

I wonder if you could use this remote to run other hardware also? I have a universal RF remote that controls my lights, avr, bluray, projector. Do you think there is a way to only use this remote to control everything?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
sphere Wrote:Hi Bahndit, many thanks for your detailed post.

I am, like you, only interested in the remote. Did you asked them, where to buy only the remote and what it will cost? Will the remote work under linux? Perhaps as "normal HID/Keyboard"?

Regards,
sphere

sphere,
I was told that the remote would show up as "normal HID/Keyboard" I don't know when or where they will be available.

-Will
Fantasma Wrote:thats no good news. Sad

Very bad news indeed.
CrashX Wrote:Bahndit:

Any ideas how they are going to store online/user content with no harddrive ? Fanarts, images, etc
I didn't remember to ask that although I think it is likely you could leverage the SD Card slot or one of the USB ports to expand your storage. I wish I would have remembered to ask that question though as I have a pretty big library myself.

-Bahndit
Bahndit Wrote:I actually crashed one of their demo boxes when I convinced the girl running the demo to press 'O' on the keyboard in hopes of pulling up the codec info about the Cars file. She was nice and didn't really know how to reset the box so I felt really bad that I was responsible for the crash. I helped her power-cycle the box but it took forever to boot since it was booting off of a thumb drive

Any info while it booted up ? Was it Ubuntu ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Bahndit Wrote:Very bad news indeed.

I don't think you read the Anandtech article correctly. It says it supports in 10s meaning 10,20,30 etc. Not sure what the maximum is though.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
CrashX Wrote:Any info while it booted up ? Was it Ubuntu ?

There wasn't any post info that was shown on the screen except the Boxee Logo.

CrashX Wrote:I don't think you read the Anandtech article correctly. It says it supports in 10s meaning 10,20,30 etc. Not sure what the maximum is though.

Well I hope that you are right but I was told by a representative at the NVIDIA booth that if I wanted to decode Blu-ray type bitrates that the Tegra 2 did not have enough horsepower to get the job done. I only quoted the Anandtech article to support what I was told and minimize the hearsay aspect of my post. I would love to see the myself proven wrong Big Grin
What a stupid thing to do to the case. Maybe for an art show that will be ok but part of your AV rack... no thank you!!
http://tegradeveloper.nvidia.com/tegra/project/xbmc ..
What operating systems are supported by Tegra?

Currently, we have OS images for Microsoft Windows CE, Ubuntu Linux, and Google Android.

http://developer.nvidia.com/tegra/forum/...rted-tegra

Tegra 250 Developer Kit Features
CrashX Wrote:I don't think you read the Anandtech article correctly. It says it supports in 10s meaning 10,20,30 etc.

ehrmmm... no. that's nonsense. so it would play back files with 10megabits and 20megabits, but not let's say 15?! and most video encodes come with variable bitrates.

the definition of "at bitrates in the 10s of megabits per second" would be "between 10 and 20 megabits" without saying for sure where's the maximum because that depends on a lot of factors. it's still safe to say that 10megabits will run no matter what, more bandwidth will depend on other factors, but surely not over 20. so there you have it.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
I'm considering buying Boxee for the remote. Can it be reformatted to run XBMC? Does it have blu-ray or HDDVD?
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
Supposedly they're going to sell the remote separately. But since the boxee box isn't x86, it might be a while before XBMC runs well on it.
Also, given that you can't buy it yet, and there's been no suggestion to my knowledge as to when you'll be able to buy it, this appears a little premature.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

They have their own forums where you can bother people who actually know about it. boxee.tv.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Boxee Box by D-Link announced - its Boxee Remote to come with QWERTY keyboard0