• 5(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get MCE remote to work in XBMC without other programs
Nitehawk Wrote:Thanx, but unfortunately it does not work :-( RC does act as usual, nothing changed...

The quickest and easiest solution is to buy an MS remote on eBay!

JR
Hi mate!

I've an Asrock ION330HT with XBMC. Wanted to download your reg file, but can't find it anymore....

Could you please send me a link?

Best Regards
Killer_Sam Wrote:I've an Asrock ION330HT with XBMC. Wanted to download your reg file, but can't find it anymore....

Could you please send me a link?

http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

JR
If I were to use MCERemote.zip to re-configure my MCE remote to think it was an XBMC remote, does that mean afterwards I can use the MCE remote to teach my Harmony 550 remote the key presses?
BamBam1963 Wrote:If I were to use MCERemote.zip to re-configure my MCE remote to think it was an XBMC remote, does that mean afterwards I can use the MCE remote to teach my Harmony 550 remote the key presses?

Remember you have several components with an IR setup:

1. the sender i.e. the handset with the buttons and an IR LED
2. the receiver connected to the PC USB port
3. the driver that links the receiver to the OS

The .reg files in my zip change the way the driver works. They instruct the driver to respond to signals from the USB receiver by simulating a keystroke. There is no change to the handset or the IR signals sent by the handset.

I've never used a Harmony remote, but as I understand it you leave the Microsoft MCE receiver attached and configure the Harmony handset to send the same IR signals as the MS handset. If so your PC will just think it has an MS remote attached. From other threads in the forum I think the Harmony software has an option to configure the handset to emulate an MS handset.

JR
BamBam1963 Wrote:If I were to use MCERemote.zip to re-configure my MCE remote to think it was an XBMC remote, does that mean afterwards I can use the MCE remote to teach my Harmony 550 remote the key presses?

You shouldn't need to use the reg file as you can choose to program the harmony as a MCE keyboard and then set any key to send the correct key strokes all from the harmony software

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54466
Thanks folks. I am trying to get my head wrapped around this as I'd like to dedicate my Harmony remote to controlling XBMC in Windows XP. I have been able to successfully map all of the MCE Remote commands to my Harmony, but it needs to be tweaked further for full use in XBMC. As an example, when I use my mouse to right click on a movie, it brings up the movie information. When I right click again (outside of the information box), it takes me back to my movie thumbnail. I would like to teach the Harmony remote to do this for me, but can't figure out how to convert a right mouse click to a Harmony remote command. Maybe I am thinking about this the wrong way and try to figure out what keyboard command does thisHuh
BamBam1963 Wrote:Thanks folks. I am trying to get my head wrapped around this as I'd like to dedicate my Harmony remote to controlling XBMC in Windows XP. I have been able to successfully map all of the MCE Remote commands to my Harmony, but it needs to be tweaked further for full use in XBMC. As an example, when I use my mouse to right click on a movie, it brings up the movie information. When I right click again (outside of the information box), it takes me back to my movie thumbnail. I would like to teach the Harmony remote to do this for me, but can't figure out how to convert a right mouse click to a Harmony remote command. Maybe I am thinking about this the wrong way and try to figure out what keyboard command does thisHuh

Forget about mouse controls, movie information is "i" on your keyboard and as I said your harmony can be set as a mce keyboard so all you do is map a button to "i" you don't need the reg file because your harmony can send key strokes anyway

You can map all keyboard controls to your harmony remote

keyboard controls are listed below or you can look in your keyboard.xml

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Global_Keyboard
>>X<<' Wrote:Forget about mouse controls, movie information is "i" on your keyboard and as I said your harmony can be set as a mce keyboard so all you do is map a button to "i" you don't need the reg file because your harmony can send key strokes anyway

You can map all keyboard controls to your harmony remote

keyboard controls are listed below or you can look in your keyboard.xml

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Global_Keyboard

This is precisely what I was looking for. My bad for not checking the Wiki. I searched for Harmony etc., but never thought to check this. You are a Saint. Now where do I send the crate of Canadian beer to? Wink I'll be putting it onto an un-manned dog sled first thing in the morning. You should know that I have reported problems of the beer never reaching it's destination though...working on a solution. Big Grin
Thanks to Weez and other folks from this thread I could set up my remote (Mediagate) and now ready to transfer the commands to Harmony One.
Thank you very much!

I still have one thing not finished the <backlash> \ command makes the XBMC to be in full or window mode and I don't know how to set it. I use this command and if I could import it to remote, it would be wonderful.
When I press the keyboard command, the KeyID is 220(0xDC)-VK_OEM_5
... but I have no idea how to change it and registry value to enter it. Huh

Please help me out. Smile
DigitALL Wrote:Thanks to Weez and other folks from this thread I could set up my remote (Mediagate) and now ready to transfer the commands to Harmony One.
Thank you very much!

I still have one thing not finished the <backlash> \ command makes the XBMC to be in full or window mode and I don't know how to set it. I use this command and if I could import it to remote, it would be wonderful.
When I press the keyboard command, the KeyID is 220(0xDC)-VK_OEM_5
... but I have no idea how to change it and registry value to enter it. Huh

Please help me out. Smile

From my extremely limited experience and from I have learned here, I think you may be able to edit the keymap.xml file (back it up first), by changing the backslash value to something else that is not a default XBMC keystroke command. By default the backslash is set to "Toggle Application Full Screen / Windowed mode". I wonder if you can replace the backslash value within keymap.xml to something like a forward slash, which XBMC does not use. Can someone else chime in and let me know if I am leading someone down the garden path? It's worth a shot so long as you back up the keymap.xml before making the change.
BamBam1963 Wrote:From my extremely limited experience and from I have learned here, I think you may be able to edit the keymap.xml file (back it up first), by changing the backslash value to something else that is not a default XBMC keystroke command. By default the backslash is set to "Toggle Application Full Screen / Windowed mode". I wonder if you can replace the backslash value within keymap.xml to something like a forward slash, which XBMC does not use. Can someone else chime in and let me know if I am leading someone down the garden path? It's worth a shot so long as you back up the keymap.xml before making the change.

Thank you BamBam! Smile

Since I do not use the numbers buttons with my Harmony one, I have transformed them them in a mouse actions (from Harmony s/w set as MCE remote, 1 to 9 are mouse movements and 5 is left click) so that zero remains free of any use. So I modified as per your suggestion the keymap.xml so
instead of: Zero</zero>
I put: <zero>ToggleFullScreen</zero>
It could be any key as long as the MCE remote could send it. I used the ShowKey.exe applet ot see what keys I have left unused.
Now when I press zero, toggles from window to full screen. Awesome!

Thank you very much! Nod
DigitALL Wrote:Thank you BamBam! Smile

Since I do not use the numbers buttons with my Harmony one, I have transformed them them in a mouse actions (from Harmony s/w set as MCE remote, 1 to 9 are mouse movements and 5 is left click) so that zero remains free of any use. So I modified as per your suggestion the keymap.xml so
instead of: Zero</zero>
I put: <zero>ToggleFullScreen</zero>
It could be any key as long as the MCE remote could send it. I used the ShowKey.exe applet ot see what keys I have left unused.
Now when I press zero, toggles from window to full screen. Awesome!

Thank you very much! Nod

Glad I could help. I just went through this ordeal this week trying to learn about setting up my Logitech Harmony 550 and now have it tweaked to perfection thanks to the fine folks here (Especially <<X>>) on these forums. Now I just have to figure out why my XBox 360 keeps turning on when it's not supposed to. My guess is that there may be some similar controls in the XBox 360 and the MCE remote receiver.
ok, im not having any luck with this.
im running win7 with the stable release of camelot. ive installed the remote-xbmc.reg file. im also using a mce rc6 ir remote.

not sure what im doing wrong.. but the only functions that work are the standard R,L,U,D,OK.

even when I installed the reg file, win media center will still activate when you press the win button on the remote.
dsimages Wrote:ok, im not having any luck with this.
im running win7 with the stable release of camelot. ive installed the remote-xbmc.reg file. im also using a mce rc6 ir remote.

not sure what im doing wrong.. but the only functions that work are the standard R,L,U,D,OK.

even when I installed the reg file, win media center will still activate when you press the win button on the remote.

Start with the obvious checks. Run the ShowKey applet and see what keystrokes your remote is sending.

What model of remote are you using?

JR
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get MCE remote to work in XBMC without other programs0